Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps it is because the right front passenger side door and window is not opened nearly as much as the driver's side is, but the window on that side is not automatically dropping down when the door is opened as required. The door can still be opened, but then when closed with the window still fully in the up position it does not allow the door to close right and have the window seal. Any suggestions of what must be done to correct this problem?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Sounds like you need to reset the window indexing.
The procedure should be in the owners manual, but it is something's like

• Turn the key to ON (you don't need to start the car).
  • Put all windows all the way up (they each need to be done individually)
  • Start with the drivers window, hold the button up for two seconds, release, hold it up for another two seconds.
  • Then put the window all the way down, release, then hold down for two seconds.
  • Repeat this step for each window.

This may help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps it is because the right front passenger side door and window is not opened nearly as much as the driver's side is, but the window on that side is not automatically dropping down when the door is opened as required. The door can still be opened, but then when closed with the window still fully in the up position it does not allow the door to close right and have the window seal. Any suggestions of what must be done to correct this problem?
Thank you for the instructions on how to index the front windows. I also found it in my owner's manual once I knew what to look for. Although the driver's side has continued to index properly when the door is opened and closed, the passenger side front window will not respond to the procedure to index. I think that may relate to that the right front interior lights are also not turning on when the door is opened. Could that be a fuse problem? Some thing is going on with the right front window that is greater than simply re-indexing it, and I suspect it may involve the need to replace a fuse, but which fuse should I look at first? They are all difficult to get at given their location and my age so it would help if I could narrow it down before proceeding to pulling fuses to check.

·
Registered
588 Posts
If the interior lights are not coming on then it is most likely that the car is not sensing the door has been opened. From what I have read the sensor is an integral part of the lock mechanism. Another thought is a broken wire, possibly at the door hinge crossover to the main body where there could be more stress due to the door being opened and closed. Hope you find and fix it. I doubt a single sensor would be fused but could be wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts