Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Casanova&Beautiful 12/09
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put an exhaust system on my 2007 2.4L G6 Sedan.

Originally, I was looking into Edlebrock. The exit I currently have I Juliet, is single, on the driver side...I would have liked to keep it like this, but I could change to dual exits, if needed. But since I've joined here, I'm highly interested in the GT-R Exhaust...I just have a few questions, and would love for everyone's opinion (Bias...though it may be).

I have the 2.4L, 4 Cylinder Sedan. Which stock, comes with a single exit from the muffler...I was wondering if the GT-R Exhaust, would fit this, or do I need the second exit?

About how much would you say the GT-R System is?

What is your overall opinion of the GT-R Exhaust System?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I like the looks of the GT-R but I don't care for the bi-plane sound. Of course I'm a bit old school when it comes to daul exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
You would have to get the Dual valence on the rear bumper for the Dual Exit. From the Youtube videos it sounds really nice. they have a website not sure if you have been to it tho or not. http://classic4performance.com/

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
I have the exhaust...also have allot of experience in aftermarket exhaust
(flowmaster, borla, maganaflow, saleen, pypes, etc etc) and I must say
they are very, very well built. They also sound great. It doesnt sound like a fart can or bi-plane. It has a nice tone.... The best I have ever heard for a V6.

Im not sure what it would sound like on a 2.4 liter.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Yeah it sounds really sweet on a V6 but for a 4 cylinder can't say i've seen many with GT-R on it. If you do decide to get it, let us know how it sounds.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
You can opt to get the dual rear valance or you could just take a jigsaw to your current valance. It won't look as clean, but if you do it right then you can only tell up close that it was cut.

I plan on getting the GT-R system and hopefully attach a decent sized resonator so it's not as loud or drones as much.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I have the exhaust...also have allot of experience in aftermarket exhaust
(flowmaster, borla, maganaflow, saleen, pypes, etc etc) and I must say
they are very, very well built. They also sound great. It doesnt sound like a fart can or bi-plane. It has a nice tone.... The best I have ever heard for a V6.

Im not sure what it would sound like on a 2.4 liter.
Lampoon, are they true dauls (your install) or do they share mufflers?

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
The GTR shares a muffler and it's not a "true dual." Exhaust only comes out both sides when there is a build up of gasses in the muffler, basically only when the gas is pressed. Now, I had a V6 but this same set up wouldn't sound too bad on a 4 banger;

1 - 9 of 9 Posts