Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am new on this forum so I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere. I am having some strange vibrations almost like the road is very bumpy. It happens from 35-40mph in third or fourth gear, then it seems like it happens again but less noticeable at about 65mph. The symptoms seem worse when I am coasting and not giving it any gas. In addition it is not as noticeable when the car is out of gear... I have had the car aligned, checked all front end components, wheels balanced and checked. Last thing the dealer said was to check the spark plugs and wires. Well I had already changed the spark plugs and wires because I thought that was the issue. Anyone have any insight? I am worried it may have something to do with the tranny. This is killing me because I am a grad student and do not have too much time to mess around with this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey guys, I am new on this forum so I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere. I am having some strange vibrations almost like the road is very bumpy. It happens from 35-40mph in third or fourth gear, then it seems like it happens again but less noticeable at about 65mph. The symptoms seem worse when I am coasting and not giving it any gas. In addition it is not as noticeable when the car is out of gear... I have had the car aligned, checked all front end components, wheels balanced and checked. Last thing the dealer said was to check the spark plugs and wires. Well I had already changed the spark plugs and wires because I thought that was the issue. Anyone have any insight? I am worried it may have something to do with the tranny. This is killing me because I am a grad student and do not have too much time to mess around with this.
I had something similar with my old car, it'd vibrate when I was going from 50-55 and then after that it'd stop, I got new tires and it stopped. But if you've had the tires looked at and stuff Idk what it might be.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Where are you feeling the vibrations? In the steering wheel or in the back of your seat? It sounds like you have had everything checked that it could be other then your driveline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts