Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Holy smokes.. I thought I was crazy. I purchased an 09 G6 not too long ago and I've had this crazy shake/vibration through the floorboards, peddles and driver seat. I've had it looked at probably 30脳. The first shop said "you need to have them balanced" did it.. still there.. 2nd shop " 2 steels are bent" replaced all 4.. still there 3rd place couldn't figure it out and the rest of my visits they couldn't even replicate the issue.. on my last visit they said it could possibly be a bearing... idts sir, I literally just replaced them. They replaced them anyway. Here I am sitting at another shop as I type this out... how could this be such a common issue without any sort of explanation/solution? IF ANYONE FINDS THE PROBLEM LET US ALL KNOW maybe we can get a recall out there 馃槄

Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, 3.6L V6 sedan
Holy smokes.. I thought I was crazy. I purchased an 09 G6 not too long ago and I've had this crazy shake/vibration through the floorboards, peddles and driver seat. I've had it looked at probably 30脳. The first shop said "you need to have them balanced" did it.. still there.. 2nd shop " 2 steels are bent" replaced all 4.. still there 3rd place couldn't figure it out and the rest of my visits they couldn't even replicate the issue.. on my last visit they said it could possibly be a bearing... idts sir, I literally just replaced them. They replaced them anyway. Here I am sitting at another shop as I type this out... how could this be such a common issue without any sort of explanation/solution? IF ANYONE FINDS THE PROBLEM LET US ALL KNOW maybe we can get a recall out there 馃槄
Your not alone. Are you feeling vibration when accelerating or coasting. What kind of engine do you have? have you replaced the Brake rotors as well. Sometime the Calipers freeze up and if you have a warped rotor it could cause vibration. The issue I had with my G6 after I replaced everything from the Axle, Rotors, Calipers, Wheel hub assemblies, was the muffler. The previous owner did a quick fix and cut out the muffler Resonator with a straight pipe and this caused vibration through the floor boards on acceleration. Took it in to a shop and had to special order the resonator and reinstalled that part of the muffler and bingo no more vibration. hope this helps, let me know either way what you find out.

Registered
I have that vibration onder the driver floor. In an almost rythem. From 50 to 60 mph. In my case its my front motor mount. The one by the radiator. Got the new mount but out of town atm so ill update after i swap

Registered
I have a 08 Pontiac g6 I think I found the vibration problem on mine tires are wearing on inside on the back so the only other thing I can replace are the control arm In the back and I have done wheel bearings brakes Caliper rotors and pads still have the problem hope control arms fixes the problem

21 - 25 of 25 Posts