Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an easy way to look-up a VIN on a G6 that I'm buying (3rd party, not in person) to determine what all the options are?

I'm particularly trying to determine if it has auto-start.

Thanks!

·
Registered
485 Posts
If your remote doesn't have an auto-start button then you car doesn't have it.
You can also tell if your car is auto-start capable by the code at the back of your remote.
To find out for sure, you will need to look up the RPO codes for your car, not the VIN number.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
It had it. Now post up the pictures of that Midnight Blue beauty!!!

·
Lead Foot
67 Posts
If your remote doesn't have an auto-start button then you car doesn't have it.
You can also tell if your car is auto-start capable by the code at the back of your remote.
To find out for sure, you will need to look up the RPO codes for your car, not the VIN number.
sry to resurrect an old thread (ok, not really because its on topic), but i too am trying to look up the options on my g6, such as transmission, remote start, etc. mrslcom, what is an RPO code, and how can i check it?

gimme the vin....
do you have a way of looking up a VIN?

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Look at the codes on the sticker in your glovebox.

·
Lead Foot
67 Posts
Look at the codes on the sticker in your glovebox.
i saw the sticker with all the discernible numbers on it. where would i find an index to decode it?

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Its called your SPID label. It has about 30 or so RPO codes on it.
If it has the RPO code "AP3," then your G6 has the Remote Vehicle Starter System.

·
Lead Foot
67 Posts
Its called your SPID label. It has about 30 or so RPO codes on it.
If it has the RPO code "AP3," then your G6 has the Remote Vehicle Starter System.
well crap, no AP3 to be found. i guess no keyless start for me. oh well, thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
call dealership with your vin....all is not lost yet!

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
They turn it on with a Tech2 then program a couple remotes for you.
Call the dealerships for a price quote. Its not a universal price and can vary by dealership.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im in the same boat on this one.

Id like to know the list of factory options, before I purchase the car.

Can anyone on here get a GM Vehicle Inquiry System list? Or would I be better off going into the dealer?

I can PM the VIN if anyone can do it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Went to the dealer and got the codes...

Its a fleet vehicle from hertz. Nothing is listed for keyless entry or remote start.

I know the car has a key fob with it. Could it be these features are grouped up in the fleet order?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts