Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello G6 Owners, Had this bright idea to put vinyl on my headlights (by myself). Now I don't know if it would have been easier on the car... mine were not, seem to look easy, so I gave it a shot. Had everything ready, spray bottle (water) heat gun, air bubble tool and determination! What a nightmare!!!!! After all said and done! I failed! After thinking what went wrong... Maybe.. if you had six hands to stretch the vinyl, one hand to hold the heat gun, one hand to spray the water, two hands to push out the air bubbles, and another hand to say what you were doing wrong, it my work. I'm sure that if your headlights were FLAT, Squared, with no Curves would be easy! We all know that our headlights are not like that!
To start off with, noticed if the vinyl was warm, was supple, has a top cover to protect the vinyl from scratching when pushing out the air bubbles (lol) can't see what the vinyl is doing underneath (off with that) then if you pulled the vinyl up more than twice, (to get wrinkles out) the glue started turning white, giving it a distorted look (not clear) After an 1 1/2 hours... I gave up! Threw in the towel! Pulled it off, balled it up threw it in the trash! Soooo much for a good idea!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts