Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine does this on occasion. If I were to shut the car off and turn it back on, it'll work fine for another few weeks/months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cinosa GP said:
Mine does this on occasion. If I were to shut the car off and turn it back on, it'll work fine for another few weeks/months.
That's more likely a problem with the circuit breaker... You might wanna check all the wiring...

The new motor is available at your local parts store, such as AutoZone... I just sold one (I work for AutoZone) there the other day for a 99 GP and it was $49.99... It's a nice DIY job, I wouldn't pay someone to do it cause it would prolly run around $100 or so for labor

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1SloGrandPrix said:
That's more likely a problem with the circuit breaker... You might wanna check all the wiring...

The new motor is available at your local parts store, such as AutoZone... I just sold one (I work for AutoZone) there the other day for a 99 GP and it was $49.99... It's a nice DIY job, I wouldn't pay someone to do it cause it would prolly run around $100 or so for labor
Excellent, thanks for the info

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is actually common instance when the motor windings are bad... Kinda like it hits a dead spot like wiper motors do... Also, check to make sure power it at the motor when it doesn't work, and that will tell you if there is a wiring issue, such as a breaker/fuse or the switch is at fault...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Both of my passenger side window regulators are hosed. The windings on each have jumped off and destroyed themselves. It started with the windows not rolling up or down, and ended with the windows rolling themselves down overnight. Both are now held in place with visegrips across the regulator until I get around to replacing them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recognize that problem... My friend's girlfriend's 00 GP had that problem with the driver side rear window... Once it screws up, it trashes the entire regulator... I think the part is like $100 from a dealer...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.