Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my WAMS tune for my 08 Coupe. It came with two components and I'm not sure where which one goes where. The tune did not come with any instructions. I've tried looking on this forum and the performance forums for a how-to with no luck.

Where are these things located, so I can swap them out?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The PCM is located directly in front of the battery. You should be able to see it with the hood open.
The TCM is on the same side just lower on the frame rail. Has a blue plug on it... Or at least mine did. You may need to pull the intake duct if its a v6

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have it installed! It's throwing me a CEL, which I figured would happen. I have one question. I noticed the revs still go up to 4k in neutral or when parked. Is that still normal on the tune? For some reason I thought that would be taken off for high RPMs.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Yea that's a safety measure. However the high speed limiter should be removed. So it should top out at a higher speed. As well as shift at higher rpms.
The cel is likely a CASE relearn code

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I think he means under free rev in park or neutral it'll only rev up to 4k max
That's how mine was stock and with the wams. But now I can push it up to 7 :-D

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I had my original PCM tuned by another company.
Because I'm running such a large intake on my engine my tune needed to be tailored for it. The WAMS tune worked just fine but I got higher fuel trims than I would have liked thanks to my oversize intake.. If I could get the car to WAMS to update the tune it wouldn't be an issue. But I went another route for cost purposes. I was able to get my tune dialed in for my specific intake setup.
Being the 4 cylinder WAMS doesn't have a car to write a tune for and as far as I'm aware the V6 tunes are written to work with the crabs intake kits because he had/has access to that engine and intake.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had my original PCM tuned by another company.
Because I'm running such a large intake on my engine my tune needed to be tailored for it. The WAMS tune worked just fine but I got higher fuel trims than I would have liked thanks to my oversize intake.. If I could get the car to WAMS to update the tune it wouldn't be an issue. But I went another route for cost purposes. I was able to get my tune dialed in for my specific intake setup.
Being the 4 cylinder WAMS doesn't have a car to write a tune for and as far as I'm aware the V6 tunes are written to work with the crabs intake kits because he had/has access to that engine and intake.
Ohhh I see. How's it running with that large intake and tune?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts