Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
Looking into performance parts and things I could add to my 2009 G6 GT.
Already in the process of getting a crabs intake and gonna work on a GT-R exhaust next.
I was looking at the wams 2007+ G6/Malibu/Aura 3.5 Performance Tune.
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=39&category_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

I have a few questions about it. What does it do, is it easy to install? and how much HP/Torque is it going to give?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Most of the tune is from changing the acceptance of octane levels and shifting points. A change from 87 to 91 octane will provide a 10HP increase. Tuning a 87 octane wouldn't be worth it.

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
Is it better to get a new ecm/tcm and keep your old one or just send the old in

·
07 Black GT Vert ♥
445 Posts
Is it better to get a new ecm/tcm and keep your old one or just send the old in
If the 6 is still under warranty, you should keep the OEM unit to put back in for warranty claims.
You can always sell the tuned unit and get your money back if you sell the 6.

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
Alright thanks...my car only has the extended power train warranty. So wouldnt this and the crab intake void that warranty

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
CRAB's won't void that warranty, but a tune will.

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
Alright got but with invisitune things should be ok?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Yes i recommend you get an extra PCM.
I did. now I can swap it at will.

I TOTALLY recommend Chris's tune. It woke up my G6!

Also yes you can sell it but it cant be reused without a rewrite on the tune to match the vin number so it can talk to the BCM/TCM correctly.

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
Alright sounds like Im getting it soon then... Not sure what to get first though lol CRABS, WAMS TUNE, or GTR Exhaust ( the most expensive out of all )

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
I just read that the GT-R is currently sold out so if you go that route get on the list NOW.
Your tune will be better if they know you have an intake so you have to tell them that
you do. So if you get the tune before the intake hold off on the tune install (you will run lean) without the intake on. Clear as mud I know.... lol

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Yes i recommend you get an extra PCM.
I did. now I can swap it at will.

I TOTALLY recommend Chris's tune. It woke up my G6!

Also yes you can sell it but it cant be reused without a rewrite on the tune to match the vin number so it can talk to the BCM/TCM correctly.
I wish I could get to his shop!

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
I just read that the GT-R is currently sold out so if you go that route get on the list NOW.
Your tune will be better if they know you have an intake so you have to tell them that
you do. So if you get the tune before the intake hold off on the tune install (you will run lean) without the intake on. Clear as mud I know.... lol
So your saying if i got the tune before i got the intake..then got the intake the car would run lean. So its better just to get the tune after i get the intake

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Do all the engine modifications before you get the tune. I have the intake and plan on getting the GT-R (on the list now) before I get the tune. That way WAMS can compensate for those when they tune the settings. The intakes and exhaust really affect the optimal settings.

·
Registered
44 Posts
does it matter what year/model pcm i should get to be tuned for my 2008 G6 GT

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Yes. It is specific to your engine size and year and maybe transmission type.

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
Lol alright well im on the waiting list for the GT-R exhaust and waiting on Lampoon to get the FPU so I can get CRABS :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any educated guesses where I would be sitting HP wise on my GXP with the WAMS on top of the Crabs? (I would say plugs, but I doubt they do much besides throttle response)

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Any educated guesses where I would be sitting HP wise on my GXP with the WAMS on top of the Crabs? (I would say plugs, but I doubt they do much besides throttle response)
93 Octane tune with Crabs would increase the HP by 20 I would estimate at the most.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts