Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one of these tunes would be considered better? or are they pretty close or is there a better one than both?:beer:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Wams.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you actually tell the difference in quality of a tune? And I was on zzperformance.com looking at the ecotech engine stuff and they recomended the trifecta?

Sent from my HTC Inspire using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
A lot of cobalt users go with the trifecta tune. I'm sure it would work since the motor and PCM are the same. But I like the WAMS. It was developed by a pontiac owner on the forums here and I would think the support would be much better then that of the trifecta tune. Chances are it'll yield the same results.

You should join the Cobalt SS forums as well. I did and learned A LOT from them regarding the 2.4 and the 4spd trans. I know there's info all over there on the trifecta tunes.

·
RAM AIR!!
266 Posts
Personally Vince is alot easier to deal with than chris. I have a tune from chris on my g6 and a dual-tune from vince on my solstice.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who are Chris and vince?

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
474 Posts
Chris is the guy who does the WAMS tune, and Vince does the Trifecta tunes.

·
RAM AIR!!
266 Posts
Yeah I have the orginal GMPP Tune on my solstice if I turn on my cruise control and I have his custom tune on when its off. you can also customize it so its the other way around with the tsc button and what not. Also at least with my solstice its a custom tune not one size fits all tune. You plug in a datalogger to the OBD2 port and send him the files for him to make it suit your car.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Out of curiosity, how much did that cost you?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I like the concept of a dual tune. Just turn off TC and it's all more aggressive. Turn on cruise and it's saving crap tons of gas.

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
I like the concept of a dual tune. Just turn off TC and it's all more aggressive. Turn on cruise and it's saving crap tons of gas.
Yeah it works well in certain applications unfortunately the G6's controllers don't support whats needed to do this properly. The Bosch and new GM controllers have this capability.

As far as which ones better Vince is a great guy and does good work. This platform however is our specialty.We've owned the vehicles and have access to many of them and have spent months and sometimes years refining our products. We have been part of this community since day one basically; I had one of the first 2005 G6's and I do my best to continually support it as much as possible. I'd like to think this is one of the major reasons ~99% of tuned G6s out there use our product.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Well that's some good info, Regardless I'm very happy with my WAMS tune and I'll still recommend it over any other tune when it comes to the G6. Obviously since you've been working with it since nearly day one, The support is more personal and better suited.

I love my WAMS tune!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
That is true! I plan to dyno my car very soon. Just to get a good base read, With a tune and intake being the only real performance mods I've done, Resonator delete is more sound. Maybe I'll do a run with the old PCM and one with the tuned PCM to see what kind of gains there are...

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Well that's some good info, Regardless I'm very happy with my WAMS tune and I'll still recommend it over any other tune when it comes to the G6. Obviously since you've been working with it since nearly day one, The support is more personal and better suited.

I love my WAMS tune!
This.

:beer:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts