Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys i have about 600$ to spend on mods for my 2008 automatic G6 3.5L.
i was thinking about getting WAMS tune with a new PCM but im wondering if it works on a 2008 because from what i see on other posts is that its made only for 2005-2006 G6's. Can you guys help me out? btw is it worth to buy WAMS with the money that it costs? should i get it with highest octane?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
WAMS tune is available for all engines and years. Just choose the right product when you visit the website. Get the highest octane available in your area (up to 93 octane for me) and it is worth the money.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one question doh, if i get 93 octane one can i still use a 91 octane fuel and 87 octane fuel and still have a good performance?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
You could pass with it, but it isn't recommended. You will notice a decrease in performance and definitely MPG. Don't run it everyday, but a tank every once in a while shouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
278 Posts
is it a notible difference worth the $$? is it the best bang for the buck up grade? i also want to take the step, but crabs and exhaust i was thinking first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Soooo

On the WAMS website, they say nothing about sending in your ECM. Do they send you a prepaid box or are you on your own to send it out to them?

Thanks

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
On the WAMS website, they say nothing about sending in your ECM. Do they send you a prepaid box or are you on your own to send it out to them?

Thanks
You are on your own to ship us your hardware however 99% of people opt for the new setup so they have some equity to sell should they ever choose to sell their vehicle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Chris, I was never emailed a confirmation from your site allowing me to continue with my purchase. How long does this usually take?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts