Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will my alpine cde 121 fit without having to buy anything extra? Seems to me spending 140 for this kit is exceptionally expensive for something that is the radio. eBay is selling oem radios for the same price that will keep the information for you.

Like I said in an other thread, I bought te same model oem as the one I own and to by pass the unlock by gm i just switched the face plates of the new working stereo and put it on the radio installed in my car. It works but its too dim and doesn't adjust accordingly with the rest of the dash board. I don't know if its cause I switched the parts around, if its a warning of some sort of if the radio I bought simply just isn't that good.

Ironically the LCD brightens if the headlights are off but becomes less readable

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It may be expensive, but if you want an aftermarket stereo and want to keep the DIC, it's the way you have to go.

I'll write something up for this, if you guys want to add anything, let me know.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dmanj

It may be expensive, but if you want an aftermarket stereo and want to keep the DIC, it's the way you have to go.

I'll write something up for this, if you guys want to add anything, let me know.
Dmanj you can use my pics what the Metra 95-3303b looks like installed in my glove box if you like.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts