Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply enter promo code

XMSCION03

Activation will be free. After a bit of searching I felt that fellow G6 owners could also benefit from this.

Also, if you call the company and ask to get a 50% off the price of a year's full subscription and that you want the extra discount for putting a credit card on file, you can get a full year of complete XM radio for around $60 or so. You can call each and every year and insist on getting this price or else you'll drop your radio. Just tell them your friend got the same deal and that you want it too and that you just don't listen to XM enough to warrant subscribing unless you save 50%.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Simply enter promo code

XMSCION03

Activation will be free. After a bit of searching I felt that fellow G6 owners could also benefit from this.

Also, if you call the company and ask to get a 50% off the price of a year's full subscription and that you want the extra discount for putting a credit card on file, you can get a full year of complete XM radio for around $60 or so. You can call each and every year and insist on getting this price or else you'll drop your radio. Just tell them your friend got the same deal and that you want it too and that you just don't listen to XM enough to warrant subscribing unless you save 50%.
I'm sure a lot of people here will use this, but this is one reason Sirius XM is close to filing for bankruptcy...If you like the service then pay for it, and avoid unethical practices...

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure a lot of people here will use this, but this is one reason Sirius XM is close to filing for bankruptcy...If you like the service then pay for it, and avoid unethical practices...
If I ran a laptop in the car as a trap or something I could see that being unethical...but using a promo code that the company puts out there for people to use is simply the same as me dumpster diving for newspapers with coupons for Corn Flakes. If you want want to pay full price...then have at it I suppose. I will choose to do something else with my money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Using the promo for activation is not the unethical part I'm talking about, and if the code does work that is indeed a good find.

You can call each and every year and insist on getting this price or else you'll drop your radio. Just tell them your friend got the same deal and that you want it too and that you just don't listen to XM enough to warrant subscribing unless you save 50%.
This is the part. Trying to dictate your own price for their service and lying that your friend just got the same deal is not cool and is a selfish thing to do.

I always loved dealing with customers that have the mentality "give X to me at 50% off price Y or i'm going somewhere else to do the same thing to them"

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Using the promo for activation is not the unethical part I'm talking about, and if the code does work that is indeed a good find.

This is the part. Trying to dictate your own price for their service and lying that your friend just got the same deal is not cool and is a selfish thing to do.

I always loved dealing with customers that have the mentality "give X to me at 50% off price Y or i'm going somewhere else to do the same thing to them"
It's called a free market. Also, your argument is moronic. Let's say, for instance, all 3 million XM radio subscribers were getting the max service and then demanded this discount AND avoided the activation fee. This comes to about $276 million. More realistically, they are probably only losing $1 or $2 million to this deal/coupon/whatever.

The REASON this company is going bankrupt is because they piss away $100 million to that moron Howard Stern and other money pits that don't draw near the subscribers they think. That's ONE idiot that takes up 1/3 of the MAXIMUM amount of money that could be lost if every single customer ordered the max service.

Calling people selfish for saving some money getting a service they could just as easily live without (especially in this day and age) is completely and utterly retarded. Let's put it this way...if I'd have had to pay the activation fee, I wouldn't have ordered the service. Period. If people don't get the discount and then cancel their service...well that's all that much more money that Sirius XM won't be getting.

If you want to focus on someone doing something wrong on a car related forum then go harrass street racers or people who put those Buick vents on the front fenders of their Aveo. Otherwise stop spit-shining your halo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK 1st, a Disclaimer;
I had XM years ago 2003 - 2008, until it got to be too much like Top 40 PHM.
And I'm not criticising anything posted previously.

Just for giggles and grins, I called to "see what was available, since the car I just bought has XM in it".

There's nothing like talking to someone that can hardly speak English, let alone understand it. Strike 1

The CSR asked for my name, I told her I wasn't interested in giving out personal information, I was only interested in getting some information. Then she repeated everything I said (that was actually funny). Strike 2

I was told there's a $14.95 activation fee - no matter what. Strike 3

If anyone knows how to speak directly with customer service that's located in the U.S. or Canada, I'd appreciate knowing how.

Anyone want to swap a Monsoon w/XM for one w/o it?
Hmm how do I get rid of the antenna hole in the roof? lol

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
Ya, i got xm I really don't feel like dealing with service about 14$
leave the antenna, they aren't the expensive to buy at dealer

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
The CSR asked for my name, I told her I wasn't interested in giving out personal information, I was only interested in getting some information. Then she repeated everything I said (that was actually funny).

Wait, let me be sure I understand this;
She asked for your name and you said "I wasn't interested in giving out personal information, I was only interested in getting some information." then she repeted that comment? Like she didn't understand you but thought all of that was your name?:eek::eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

Yes and that was actually the short version.

Me "... I was only interested in getting some information".

CSR " Sir, I understand you aren't interested in giving me your name and only want some information, is that correct"?

Me "Yes, and there is no need to repeat what I say".

CSR "Sir, I only repeated what you said to make sure I understood what you said. I asked for your name so I may address you by name".

Me "Don't worry about my name, you'll provide customer service if you simply answer my questions".

CSR "Sir, I will be happy to provide customer service by answering your questions".

There were a few more back and forths, before we finally got to the $14.95, but you get the idea.

I'm considering calling today and seeing what happens. :3stooges: I love a good laugh.

Regards,

Dave

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Hi,

Yes and that was actually the short version.

Me "... I was only interested in getting some information".

CSR " Sir, I understand you aren't interested in giving me your name and only want some information, is that correct"?

Me "Yes, and there is no need to repeat what I say".

CSR "Sir, I only repeated what you said to make sure I understood what you said. I asked for your name so I may address you by name".

Me "Don't worry about my name, you'll provide customer service if you simply answer my questions".

CSR "Sir, I will be happy to provide customer service by answering your questions".

There were a few more back and forths, before we finally got to the $14.95, but you get the idea.

I'm considering calling today and seeing what happens. :3stooges: I love a good laugh.

Regards,

Dave

Tell her your name is Jafarizque Lebizenski. See if she addresses you by that name:D

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
I never had these issues and I love my XM/Serius.
My activation was free as it was already activated
for one year with the purchase of the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I never had these issues and I love my XM/Serius.
My activation was free as it was already activated
for one year with the purchase of the car.
Murphy was my uncle.

When I dropped XM last year, I had a heck of a time getting the credit due all str8.

I finally had to file a dispute with the credit card company. It was eventually fixed.

FWIW, a buddy of mine is on XM and it's really tough NOT listening, but I had to "make a statement" about my dis-satisfaction with the changes in formats and then the messed-up credit card billing.

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Holy crap...they deactivated it in 3 days?

Try a google search for codes before buying anything online. I once got 50% off a Dell Ultrasharp by stackable coupons. Paid the equivalent of a 20" monitor for a 24" monitor. I'm like the blue-haired giant purse lady in the grocery store when it comes to shopping online.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just went back to the website and tried again. XMSCION03 worked this time. also noticed the pages seem to load faster then yesterday when I tried and I am on broadband.
Who Knows.

Thanks

Dave
Looks to be a SCION ONLY code...but if it works it works...no questions about it...outsourcing sucks when it comes to service for us here in the US....taking advantage of codes not meant for you and getting any discount available on the net helped their decision to outsource to Bangalore or wherever their overseas headquarters is...

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks to be a SCION ONLY code...but if it works it works...no questions about it...outsourcing sucks when it comes to service for us here in the US....taking advantage of codes not meant for you and getting any discount available on the net helped their decision to outsource to Bangalore or wherever their overseas headquarters is...
It's definitely the $15 codes that 1% of subscribers take advantage of that sent this company's workforce overseas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's definitely the $15 codes that 1% of subscribers take advantage of that sent this company's workforce overseas.
Yea so XM Everything Plus Best of Sirius is $16.99/month or around $204 a year. 50% of that is $102 a year per person. Multiply that by the number of subscribers (we'll take half of about 20 million combined) for a LOSS of around $1 billion to the company, per year.

The $15 do not make much of a impact and I agreed with you on that already in this thread. The haggling for 50% off makes a huuge impact on a company already in the gutter...

The contract to Howard Stern only helped matters. He did bring many people over just for him (oh and he also increased the stock price). Just because you do not like him does not mean everybody does not like him.

So you're saying if you didn't get free activation you would not have went with the service? That is stupid...

This is getting off-topic now so I will stop responding to your well though out responses i'm sure. If you want to continue this discussion pm me instead.

I apologize to everyone reading for that it seems we are bickering back and forth, we just have different opinions on some parts of this matter. I even said earlier that the free activation was a good find... :beer:

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea so XM Everything Plus Best of Sirius is $16.99/month or around $204 a year. 50% of that is $102 a year per person. Multiply that by the number of subscribers (we'll take half of about 20 million combined) for a LOSS of around $1 billion to the company, per year.

The $15 do not make much of a impact and I agreed with you on that already in this thread. The haggling for 50% off makes a huuge impact on a company already in the gutter...

The contract to Howard Stern only helped matters. He did bring many people over just for him (oh and he also increased the stock price). Just because you do not like him does not mean everybody does not like him.

So you're saying if you didn't get free activation you would not have went with the service? That is stupid...

This is getting off-topic now so I will stop responding to your well though out responses i'm sure. If you want to continue this discussion pm me instead.

I apologize to everyone reading for that it seems we are bickering back and forth, we just have different opinions on some parts of this matter. I even said earlier that the free activation was a good find... :beer:
We definitely have differing opinions.

I pointed out the stupidity of blaming a company's financial troubles on its customers.

You're trying to call my opinion for not ordering the service if I have to pay an activation fee stupid.

I have no need to take anything to PMs with you. You're wrong, plain and simple. Try learning a bit about business and accounting before trying to argue about a business' viability.

Sirius and XM never did that well to begin with. Customers are slow to come over to a paid service that they've had free since they tuned into the Rocketeer sitting in front of a transistor radio. Not only did they have slow growth but new hardware also had to be purchased to use this service. Suppliers and manufacturers for the hardware were from out of house companies and (trying to base their income 100% off of subscriptions) no money was made from these hardware sales.

So to try to bring in more business they hire big name regular radio personalities at insane salaries that do not pay off. THEN they merge...trying to combine two completely different companies with completely different employees and completely different methods of accounting and corporate offices and a hundred other differences that do not mesh without considerable time and money. Throw on top of that the state of the economy and voila.

Now...pretty please shut up and let this thread continue with its original purpose...to save members of this forum a bit of cash.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts