Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I bought my daughter a 2006 G6 base model a few months ago. The car is in great shape but it has one rather amusing issue: There is a John Denver CD stuck in the stereo. I have searched high and low for a way to eject the CD but with Christmas coming it would be nice to just replace the unit.
Am I correct in assuming that a Metra 90-3033 kit plus a single DIN stereo will give me everything I need? Are there any other parts to the equation? And will this retain all the dash console functionality? DIC, HVAC controls, etc?

Finally, I am open to suggestions on the stereo unit itself. It needs to have CD, AUX in and Bluetooth. Otherwise, it does not need to be fancy. I would like to keep the stereo in the sub-$100 range.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There is no eject like on a PC where you can stick a paper clip into a hole to release the door. Since you know it's a Denver CD, I'm assuming the unit plays. Also assuming you have pushed the eject button :). I would start by removing power to the radio by pulling the fuse or disco the battery cable and see if the unit will reset itself. If not, ... you'll need to pull half the dash to get the to the radio, for all the labor involved I'd spend more then $100 on a replacement.

No, you need the Metra 99-3303 kit, otherwise you will lose all the DIC (driver information center) alerts.
Between $175-$200 depending on where you shop.
Click here to see it

You may want to consider finding a used factory radio and swap it if you are really on a budget.,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts