Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
G6newb
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a regular 2005 g6 with the non 6 disc changer in it. What would be needed to swap them out if I bought one off of ebay? Just plug in and go? Thanks!

·
4,054 Posts
you would still have to take it to the dealer to have them progrm it, Hey title says you want to install monsoon... does your car origanally have monsoon and you just want to upgrade to a six disk? or do you not have monsoon and want to upgrade to it with a 6 disk? beacause now im wondering if you could do that...because you would have to add the monson amp. maybe someone else here knows more.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
If you don't have a monsoon radio already, your looking at a ton of work.. The monsoon radio has a amp in the trunk. The radio sends low voltage signal to the amp. The amp then splits the signal between the Highs, mids, and lows.. and sends them out to your speakers. I guess you would just have to see what type of output is coming out of the radio.

·
G6newb
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it only monsoon radios that have the six disc changer built in? I do not have monsoon I just want to get the 6 disc changer! Thanks' Guys!

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Mike (geewhiz) on here has one for sale!
Low ball him.....he's a cupcake. :D

Ask your dealership about programming first though so you know it can be done
as you may indeed need the amp.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Is that your final answer?

yes and no....you can get a single disk Monsoon. I have one.
All 6 diskers are indeed Monsoons though.

·
Procrastinator
67 Posts
All 6 discs are Monsoon?

Maybe I was just nieve and didn't know...

I thought that the Monsoon System showed up on the display of the radio if you had it. That is how it loaded up on my buddy's Vibe. I have a 6 disc, but I didn't think it was a Monsoon. I have spent some time in my trunk (looking around for space for subs and fitting 32" TVs), but didn't find an amp. Where is it located? I am gonna feel real stupid if I do have one and didn't know...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Monsoon Amps

Monsoon amps are junk imo. I have had my G6 for 2 weeks and have been through 2.

Darn things have a problem putting out lows. Everything is hooked up right, but I just get Celine Dion, glass shaking HIGHS on my Monsoon. :eek:

And if you want an after market deck, you lose everything in the DIC or you have to install a dorky adapter. :banghead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts