Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 G6 Convertible GT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking for either a stock (from a Malibu Maxx) or an aftermarket strut tower brace. It's ok if it's not in the greatest condition as long as it's not broken.

Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
The brace made by Megan Racing is still available from eBay vendors: Megan Pontaic G6 05-10 / Saturn Aura 07-10 Front Upper Race-Spec Strut Tower

I bought one of these last year and have no problem recommending it. It's a three-piece design which some people think isn't as good as a one piece, but I disagree. Having the mounting brackets separate from the strut bar allows simple installation without worrying about production tolerances in the platform itself. Once the strut bar is bolted in and torqued properly, there's no movement and mine has cleared the hood since I installed it.

I routinely check the Malibu's, Maxx's, Aura's and G6's whenever I visit the local Pull-N-Save wrecking yards but have never found a used brace. I'll keep looking anyway as I know there's an interest. The GM Part Number for the OEM bar is 15286584 and every now and then one shows up on eBay but usually at a very inflated price. Good luck - Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts