Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi - New to the forum and am actively looking to purchase a low mileage G6 Convertible. Color not critical, but would probably prefer a white or silver with a tan leather interior. Automatic a must. Am located in Western New York but can travel within 300 miles or so for the right car. Anyone can pm me with information you might have.

PS - Also own an HHR and am active in that forum. Looking to have fun and gain insight around here!

Thanks,

AJ

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - Have been searching for a convertible for my wife. Just sold my '01 Aurora (wonderful car), but had 108,000 miles. Now own a '91 Saab 900T convertible with blown motor. Have replacement, but want nice one for back and forth to work. Considering Solara, but expensive - would love a Volvo but price out of sight. G6 is pretty cool. Anyone got the differences between GTP (avail. on convertible?), and GT, etc.? What is top of line? Really like the white/tan combo.

Was remarking to my wife - remember the old days when interior colors sold the car? You had your choice of anything. Today, it's leather vs. cloth and then black vs. tan.

· Love my commute!
144 Posts
There's a car almost exactly like that at Laura Pontiac/Buick/GMC near me. Unfortunately...it's nowhere near you at all. If you go to a local dealership they can search dealerships pretty much everywhere in your area and a lot of times they can trade a car in their inventory for one in that dealer's inventory.

Here's a link to the one in Collinsville near me (62234)
http://laurabuick.com/Preowned-Inventory.aspx?InventoryId=25987908

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been looking hard and fast. Can't decide between the Solara and Pontiac. Both have good points. Solara is a bit too pricy for me however. Am a bit concerned about some of the posts regarding how they hate their G6s. Can't quite figure out how someone would state that it was the best day - the day they sold their G6, yet continue to post here. Oh well, I am assuming most people still enjoy their G6.

Resale value is a two way street - bad if you bought it new - good if you're looking for a nice used one. I bought my HHR new and it's worth *** right now, but luckly I got it right with rebates and GM card.

Looks to me like I can get into an '07 convertible for around 15K. Not a bad deal if I can find what I like. Anyone know if they all came with 18" wheels for '06 thru '08?

· Registered
504 Posts
From a strictly financial perspective, if you are going to buy new, buy an import. If you are going to buy used, buy domestic. I have seen 2006 G6s (that's 3 years old) advertised at less than half the original MSRP. How can a car lose so much value in such a short time? That's a steal for someone buying used.

But regardless, you have to like what you buy. I don't believe the G6 is any better than the Solara mechanically but in terms of styling, I love the sporty look of the G6 and will never consider buying a Solara.

· Registered
90 Posts
i love my g6

the gt is the 2nd highest trim model. the gtp is the top model. in 08 the gxp is the top end. nobody covered that yet. on 08, the difference between my car, a gt n the gxp was a power driver seat, digital dual zone climate control n auto diming rear view mirror. that is all i believe. also, my car came with way better gears, but a smaller motor, with 20 less hp.
resale value does go down a bit, but thats good for you, since youre looking for used

good luck and welcome

· Love my commute!
144 Posts
I just got my 2006 GTP coupe totally taken care of (infamous steering clunk from intermediate shaft and non-functional dome light) and I am completely enamoured with the car. So comfortable, sleek, and sporty. Heated seats, lumbar and power driver, XM radio built in, leather wrapped telescopic wheel and audio controls, autostick, adjustable pedals, traction control/ABS, sunroof, 18" wheels/tires...I could go on but it sounds like I'm bragging. One of these days (after the paint cures a little more and I can polish out the swirls and micromarring and throw a coat of sealant on her) I'll post some pictures.

You'll hear some people complain about the "cheap"ness of the interior panels but I don't see that at all. The dash and interior plastic feels solid and fits together well, there are no mystery squeaks or rattles. I hear a little bit of noise from the suspension when I hit bumps...but I think the only reason I can hear them is because the road and wind noise are nearly non-existant. This is definitely the most innovative and comfortable car I've ever owned. I've already gotten several compliments and I've had the thing four days AND it's already three fricken years old.

· Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
You'll hear some people complain about the "cheap"ness of the interior panels but I don't see that at all. The dash and interior plastic feels solid and fits together well, there are no mystery squeaks or rattles. I hear a little bit of noise from the suspension when I hit bumps...but I think the only reason I can hear them is because the road and wind noise are nearly non-existant. This is definitely the most innovative and comfortable car I've ever owned. I've already gotten several compliments and I've had the thing four days AND it's already three fricken years old.
Please, brag! I like to hear positive things about the car we all on this forum drive. Congratulations and good luck!:beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.