Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, hows everyone doing? This is my first thread and i own a 2006 Black 4DR V6 G6. I want to black out everything. I want to get my windows tinted, tail lights blacked out and get black rims.

I am writing this forum to ask what is the best looking tint percentage for my car and what to do to the tail lights/rims etc etc to make it look sweet!

Please write suggestions and add pictures of your car tinted or blackedout!!!

Thanks, HurricaneG6

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have 3% in the Back and 50% in the front, and I'm going to be using vht nite shade on the tails.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I still dont have pics of my car up but I have done almost all of what you are saying. I just bought black rims on Monday so hopefully they will be here soon!

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Any one know how hard it is to tint the tail lights??? i want to do mine but need some info on it first. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very easy to do. Just remove the lights, do a little masking off to keep from getting overspray on this long plastic piece on the back, get a can of nightshade, spray light coats until it is as dark as you want it, do a little buffing and waxing for a smoother finish.

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Spray the inside or outside of the Red plastic? And buff and wax with what kind of products? Thanks again

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
It goes on the outside of the lens. You'd be hard pressed getting it inside.
nightshade is one of those things that looks good from a distance only.

If you want a professional job get a professinal.
Chad does a great job. His site is here: http://www.unique-coatings.com/

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Sweet Lampoon for the advise. I dont want it to look good only from a distance. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i got my taillights blacked out and my windows tinted, 15% all the way around. my taillights are sweet, they used a vinyl sheet so that i could take it off if ever needed. its not so dark that i will get pulled over either, but it looks very fresh

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
How much did your window tint cost HurricaneG6. Could anyone give me a ballpark figure just so I know if anybody is ripping me off or not. Probably would do all windows except the windshield. Thanks

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Devriesd- window tint should be around 200. mine was 150 from buddy so.but 200 is kinda average.

mikegreatman69- pop your trunk and unscrew the little plastic retainers on both sides by each tail light the pull the carpet back and there is two screws (sedan not sure on coupe) that hold the whole tail light assemble in place.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Devriesd- window tint should be around 200. mine was 150 from buddy so.but 200 is kinda average.
Thanks for the help. That's on par with what I've been quoted too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Devriesd - Not going to lie, i feel like you are getting ripped off. I got it done professionally... and it cost me 129+tax.

15% I got the LLumar15, which is top of the line tint too! So it wasnt bad material. On all sides, except from windshield and believe me if your car is black this is the perfect percentage!

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
I got 15% all the way around and 35% down the whole windshield and a 15% strip :)

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Mine was $200 to tint my windows when I picked my car up. Got a lifetime warranty from the dealership. 4 years later it looks brand new in this Texas heat.

Got my wife's Mustang done for a deal of $99 -
and had to replace it 1.5 years later as it turned purple...

$125 is a great deal but odds are the quality is not there at that price.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
True.. well i got a lifetime warranty too, and we'll see how it looks in four years.

LLumar is a great company i can go anywhere that carries that film and get it done if i have any problems.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Keep in mind your am/fm antenna is in the back glass. I got metal tint and it killed my reception.

Just an fyi....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.