Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a warranty for corrosion? I have a little bit of rust on the bottom part of my trunk lid and wanted to know so I can take it in while still under a warranty, if there is one.

· 07 Black GT Vert ♥
445 Posts

http://www.pontiac.com/warranty/

Corrosion Protection
Pontiac vehicles are designed and built to resist corrosion. All body and sheet metal components are warranted against rust-through corrosion for six years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Application of additional rust-inhibiting materials is not required under the corrosion coverage and none is recommended. See your Pontiac dealer for terms of this limited warranty.

· Jimmy B.
136 Posts
when I had my car repaired at my GM body shop at my dealer, he found that the factor paint was defective in that it was thin (not that I could ever tell, but he could when he looked inside the doors and stuff). He told me that the original factory 1-year warranty would cover the paint, but the certified pre-owned warranty does not. It turns out bumper-to-bumper doesn't cover the paint on top lol.

· Jimmy B.
136 Posts
when I saw that link I was about to freak out but then I read "2008, 2009, 2010" vehicles... mines a 2006... boo

· Jimmy B.
136 Posts
strange...

the warranty book for the 2006 model says the same thing... 3-year corrosion warranty and 6-year rust warranty. I'll have to find out more about it.

· Jimmy B.
136 Posts
It also says this:
"Paint, Trim, and Appearance Items
Defects in paint, trim, upholstery, or other appearance
items are normally corrected during new vehicle
preparation. If you find any paint or appearance
concerns, advise your dealer as soon as possible.
Your owner manual has instructions regarding the
care of these items."
and this:
"Pre-Delivery Service
Defects in the mechanical, electrical, sheet metal,
paint, trim, and other components of your vehicle may
occur at the factory or while it is being transported to the
dealer facility. Normally, any defects occurring during
assembly are identified and corrected at the factory
during the inspection process. In addition, dealers
inspect each vehicle before delivery. They repair any
uncorrected factory defects and any transit damage
detected before the vehicle is delivered to you.

Any defects still present at the time the vehicle is
delivered to you are covered by the warranty.
If you
find any defects, advise your dealer without delay.
For further details concerning any repairs which
the dealer may have made prior to you taking
delivery of your vehicle, ask your dealer."

I guess that's under the original 3-year warranty.
but...

the GM certified site says:
"
Almost every part of our vehicles are covered under the 12-Month/12,000-Mile1 Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty. See below for the list of exclusions...

...What's Not Included:
Tire Damage or Wear
Damage Due to Bedliners
Damage Due to Accident, Misuse or Alteration
Collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion or objects striking the vehicle.
Misuse of the vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing or other competition. Proper vehicle use is discussed in the owner manual.
Alteration or modification to the vehicle including the body, chassis or components after final assembly by GM.
Coverages do not apply if the odometer has been disconnected, its reading has been altered, or mileage cannot be determined.
Damage or Corrosion Due to Environment, Chemical Treatments, and/or Aftermarket Products
Damage Due to Insufficient or Improper Maintenance
Damage Due to Contaminated or Poor Quality Fuel Maintenance"

It doesn't say that factory defects aren't covered so I might have to make a hooplah about all of this

· Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the warranty book for the 2006 model says the same thing... 3-year corrosion warranty and 6-year rust warranty. I'll have to find out more about it.
Don't know about mine since it's an 05, AND I bought it used. I guess I have to call a dealership for details...blah...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.