Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was told my struts are leaking a bit, and I can feel the suspension gradually getting worse since I bought it 3-4 years ago and now I am at 90k and considering replacing the struts in the front.

How much on average should a repair like this cost? I want to make sure I have enough before taking it in for a quote somewhere.

Can I do them myself without much mechanical knowledge? I can do brakes, oil changes, basic stuff but never tried something like this before.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can buy the struts for about 80 dollars each or the whole assembly with spring and mount for a little more. I have instructions on changing them in the "how to" forum.
Should I spend a little more and get some nicer ones, or are the basic OE replacement going to be alright? I will check out your guide, thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
New to all this. Looking to improve the handling performance of my 08 GT Convertible. Ten thumbs no tools. What should I be asking for at the garage? Was thinking sway bars and suspension. Just had the steering IShaft replaced which fixed the centre dead zone and clunk.
Need to replace tires also, Michelin defenders?
Any brand recommendations for the sway bars and suspension?
Thanks

·
141 Posts
for the struts i would go with monroe, sway bar links would use moog, michelin defender is a excellent all season tire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts