Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a lot of rain last weekend and I noticed that I had two inches of water and a lot of condensation in my driver side headlamp housing Monday morning! I took it in to the dealer and guess what? There is a TSB on it! They drained the water out but the condensation is still in there, They ordered me a new unit which will be here Friday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm fighting my dealer about this situation, he says it's not covered bythe warranty. I bought the GMTP extended warranty. Anyone know what the TSB number is so I can show the service manager?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know that this topic is old, but I have the same headlight problem and after checking the TSBs from the site provided by Fusion, I found that my car (2005 G6) has a lot of these problems.
I still have my warranty so if I take my car to the dealer, will they fix all of the problems?

·
12 Posts
Everyone,
The only TSB available on this topic is 01-08-42-001F. It was updated in May 2008. It does not really address a specific problem with the G6 headlamps, but discusses the difference between "normal" condensation and a an actual leaky lamp.
Hope this helps.
I recommend a subscription to ALLDATA. It will make TSB searching much easier.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My headlamp has condensation also. i took it out and resealed it with silicone and it helded for about one car wash. Any ideas on what to do next?
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
My leaky headlamp is on the passenger side. It looks ridiculous and something you would think gm would want to fix just to brag about how they take care of their customers. Sad really.

·
LCPL Cobb
67 Posts
That's odd. I haven't seen anything like this in my car...and that's with my Xenon strobes installed in the high-beams. You'd figure with a poor strobe install [holes drilled with a pocked knife] that it would leak like crazy..but it doesn't.

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Mine get just a little condensation cause of poor HID installation. I didn't put the screw on covers over the back side of the lights back on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts