Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a lot of rain last weekend and I noticed that I had two inches of water and a lot of condensation in my driver side headlamp housing Monday morning! I took it in to the dealer and guess what? There is a TSB on it! They drained the water out but the condensation is still in there, They ordered me a new unit which will be here Friday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm fighting my dealer about this situation, he says it's not covered bythe warranty. I bought the GMTP extended warranty. Anyone know what the TSB number is so I can show the service manager?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know that this topic is old, but I have the same headlight problem and after checking the TSBs from the site provided by Fusion, I found that my car (2005 G6) has a lot of these problems.
I still have my warranty so if I take my car to the dealer, will they fix all of the problems?

·
12 Posts
Everyone,
The only TSB available on this topic is 01-08-42-001F. It was updated in May 2008. It does not really address a specific problem with the G6 headlamps, but discusses the difference between "normal" condensation and a an actual leaky lamp.
Hope this helps.
I recommend a subscription to ALLDATA. It will make TSB searching much easier.

·
LCPL Cobb
67 Posts
That's odd. I haven't seen anything like this in my car...and that's with my Xenon strobes installed in the high-beams. You'd figure with a poor strobe install [holes drilled with a pocked knife] that it would leak like crazy..but it doesn't.

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Mine get just a little condensation cause of poor HID installation. I didn't put the screw on covers over the back side of the lights back on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.