Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
V.McCall
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purcahsed my 2005 Pontiac G6 GT this past October. For the most part, I do love the car - it's my very first Pontiac actually. However, the first we had a huge rain after I'd gotten the car, I noticed something I'd never experienced in any other car. Water dripping through my "sunroof controls/inside lights" panel. I can't find the source to save my life - and once it's all dripped through, it's fine. So, apparently, the water is settling somewhere & coming through once I start moving the car. Doesn't appear to be coming through sunroof as the console/panel is actually located directly under my OnStar antenna. And, that doesn't appear to be loose or anything so, we still don't know how the water is getting there. We've been afraid to remove the panel - don't want to break anything & we don't want to pay a $250 deductible to take the car back to the dealership if it's a minor problem we can fix. Any help out there?:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I don't have a sunroof, But from what I gather they have problems where the little tube that drains the water from the sunroof down to the ground is a tad too short, and it pops out of the little coupler. You can most likely get in there yourself and just reconnect it.

If you try searching I'm sure you can find more info on it, maybe even a how-to.

·
V.McCall
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Water Dripping into car

Thanks "CruisinG6" - hubby & I will ck that out & do more research.:)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I just purcahsed my 2005 Pontiac G6 GT this past October. For the most part, I do love the car - it's my very first Pontiac actually. However, the first we had a huge rain after I'd gotten the car, I noticed something I'd never experienced in any other car. Water dripping through my "sunroof controls/inside lights" panel. I can't find the source to save my life - and once it's all dripped through, it's fine. So, apparently, the water is settling somewhere & coming through once I start moving the car. Doesn't appear to be coming through sunroof as the console/panel is actually located directly under my OnStar antenna. And, that doesn't appear to be loose or anything so, we still don't know how the water is getting there. We've been afraid to remove the panel - don't want to break anything & we don't want to pay a $250 deductible to take the car back to the dealership if it's a minor problem we can fix. Any help out there?:confused:
Probably getting in thru the onstar cable penetration in the roof deck.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i had a similar problem, but not near the sunroof. the problem came from the driver's side between both windows. where the plastic siding is, if you know what i'm talking about. it happened once, my friend pointed it out to me when driving one day, and it has never happened since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like cruisin said you have to get under the head liner, Not that big of a deal, and reconnect the sun roof drainage tubes. This happened to me too, after it rained I would get in the car no problem but when I'd start to drive or brake water would come in from the map lights. So I looked at these links and found I just had to recconect the tubes, I also put alittle crazy glue for good measure.

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=670

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12705

·
Registered
455 Posts
I don't have a sunroof but it leaks on both front windows where the tweeters are. I checked the window mouldings and they are all fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts