Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hearing what sounds like water rushing back and fourth when accelerating and stopping. Maybe I have water trapped inside the body? Anyone experiencing the same issue? Maybe I need to drill drain holes to let out trapped water. Sounds like it's coming from under the car.

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
check in the trunk where your spare tire is. I had water there in mine cause of the vents in the trunk were not closed. If there is water there then pull the carpet out from the sides and check the vents. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
add coolent, i hear it all the time when my coolent is low.... even if its not that low. also iin the winter if your coolent is low, and you hear that, you'll notice you dont get heat unless your at like 1500-2000 rpms

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looked at res. and it looked pretty empty. Added to line with 50/50 but haven't driven it yet, as its the wifes car. I'll check it out this weekend. Thanks for the replys!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put an end to this issue. I got an extended warrantee when purchased the car. Took it to the dealer and they ended up replacing the head gaskets! Apperantly there is a problem with the loss of coolant thru the heads. Low coolant level was the water sloshing sound. Just filling up the coolant didn't solve the reason I was loosing coolant. At least the dealer knew what they were dealing with and took care of the problem. I had the dealer replace the intermediate steering shaft too. That took care of the clunking / popping sound when turning. Thanks G6 forum for the heads up on the steering problem!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts