Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
If I may suggest a good wax that won't break your wallet, I'd recommend NXT. It's the wax in the very riced out blue/purple bottle. Don't let that fool you; that's the best wax I've found (I've used dozens) over the last few years, and it lasts a long time, shine at least.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You would be referring to the Maguires Next Generation Nano Polymer wax. That stuff makes a great shine but it has been my experience that the gold class has a longer lasting shine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Subtle_Cynicism said:
If I may suggest a good wax that won't break your wallet, I'd recommend NXT. It's the wax in the very riced out blue/purple bottle. Don't let that fool you; that's the best wax I've found (I've used dozens) over the last few years, and it lasts a long time, shine at least.
Whats the full name? Or it just called NXT i don't know if Canada has this brand though I'm sure Eagle 1 nano wax will do the job! :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like Mothers Carnuba myself...I've used it for years...Saw it in Minitruckin magazine...I figure if a Guy with a $3000.00 custom paint job uses it on his ride...it's gotta be good for mine!

To each his own I guess!

SBM

·
Registered
60 Posts
I will personally only use maguires waxes on my car but it is all just personal preference. If you can get maguires gold class was in canada you can get their nxt wax as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Subtle_Cynicism said:
I'll second this, but make sure you put it in THIN. If you think you've put it on thin enough, put it even thinner and do 2 coats. Otherwise, you'll be posting back here wondering why you've got streaks.

It's good stuff and makes an awesome reflection on dark colors. Just remember, 2 THIN coats will make it even. I prefer the paste version.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MP2 said:
I'll second this, but make sure you put it in THIN. If you think you've put it on thin enough, put it even thinner and do 2 coats. Otherwise, you'll be posting back here wondering why you've got streaks.

It's good stuff and makes an awesome reflection on dark colors. Just remember, 2 THIN coats will make it even. I prefer the paste version.
I guess don't put too much wax on the cloth so you can do anther layer right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
As a side note, you can wax or polish your new car immediately after getting it from the dealership - the dealerships detail your car before you get it anyways, so it's ok to wax. However, using an orbital buffer is not recommended until 6 months later or so to give the clear coat a chance to completely settle. Happy waxing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts