Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a clean freak when it comes to my car. I had a light blue Saturn, and the wax I used on it was great. Does anyone know of a wax specifically for white cars? Or should I just stick with the one I have? I use ArmorAll Extreme Shield, but want to know if there was something better out there. I am completely against Turtle Wax though.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I use a mix of Mothers and Meguiars polishes. I wax my white 12 passenger G2500 every couple months and it looks fantastic. It's a 2009 with 64K miles, and I want to stave off the rust as long as I can. I wash and wax my G6 every 4 months as I don't drive it much (7-8K miles a year).

I gave the van a wash and wax at the airport before heading down to NY for the weekend back in May. It was getting dark when I finished so the photo isn't too clear. I used Mothers wax this time. There are no noticeable streak marks afterward. I hand polish it - takes a couple hours per coat. A full detail can take the near part of the day if I decide to clean the seats. I also wax the windows (not the windshield) and headlights for maximum effect to keep the rain off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts