Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my car for 7 months and it already needs a waxing very bad. The person that cleans my car was very upset about how the car looked. This is the first car I have had that looked this bad after 7 months. It is black, but I've had other black cars that have not been this bad. I've also noticed a lot of swirl marks in my paint and it has not been waxed yet. Anyone else notice the swirl marks and the terrible look of the paint to be not even a year old. :eek:

·
Registered
423 Posts
sorry, no complaints here.....i don't have a black G6, however.

have you asked the dealership if anyone there had 'buffed' it or put any kind of "Paint Sealant" on it before you took delivery? i can't say that i have EVER seen a car straight from the factory with 'swirl marks' in the paint, and i've been in the dealership business for 20+ years.

maybe the car was on the lot for a time and had some foreign substance on it (tree sap or bird doo doo). sounds like an inexperienced detail person that cleaned up your car may have done you an injustice.

again i suggest you contact the dealer and if their response isn't satisfactory, ask for the Pontiac Reps name and number.

DON'T SETTLE FOR LESS THAN YOU EXPECT!!!

good luck and let me know how it goes, ok?

kevin

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have what looked like buffer trails from the dealer. I noticed them after I'd washed the car enough times to remove whatever polish they had put on. They offered to fix it 'to my satisfaction', but I'm going to try to get them out myself by hand. If they can't do it right the first time, I don't trust them taking a buffer to my car again. :2up:

There is just no excuse for using a buffer on a brand new car. :frown:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MP2 said:
I have what looked like buffer trails from the dealer. I noticed them after I'd washed the car enough times to remove whatever polish they had put on. They offered to fix it 'to my satisfaction', but I'm going to try to get them out myself by hand. If they can't do it right the first time, I don't trust them taking a buffer to my car again. :2up:

There is just no excuse for using a buffer on a brand new car. :frown:
I think this is what happened to me as well. I haven't noticed it in the past few months, but I'm thinking that I notice it more now b/c their polish is gone, it makes sense. My normal car cleaner will be waxing it today, she does really good and knows not to use a buffer on it. I trust her. She cleans my Mom's black Avalance and does an excellent job, so hopefully she can make it look better. :???:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Robyn P said:
I think this is what happened to me as well. I haven't noticed it in the past few months, but I'm thinking that I notice it more now b/c their polish is gone, it makes sense. My normal car cleaner will be waxing it today, she does really good and knows not to use a buffer on it. I trust her. She cleans my Mom's black Avalance and does an excellent job, so hopefully she can make it look better. :???:

LOL...ok, you have some chic cleaning and waxing your car for you?!!
At first I was like "WTF is with you that you can't do it yourself?!!!"...
Then the thought of Jessica Simpson washing the General Lee came to mind...now I see why!!!! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh, and on a helpful note, for swirl marks, use 3M swirl mark remover for dark vehicles...wow, that stuff rocks!!! It's a little hard to remove, takes some elbow grease, but it's soooo worth it! :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Bjornboy81 said:
Oh, and on a helpful note, for swirl marks, use 3M swirl mark remover for dark vehicles...wow, that stuff rocks!!! It's a little hard to remove, takes some elbow grease, but it's soooo worth it! :D
I used this crap on my car and it actually added MORE swirl marks! I did a small spot the other day next to the passenger side door, and in the sunlight, you can see all the swirl marks in that one spot and nothing on the rest of the car. wtf!

Mike

·
Registered
369 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
I used this crap on my car and it actually added MORE swirl marks! I did a small spot the other day next to the passenger side door, and in the sunlight, you can see all the swirl marks in that one spot and nothing on the rest of the car. wtf!

Mike
... as with all 'removers', they contain a certain amount of abrasives and need to be used carefully and followed up by buffing to resotre the finish ... I swear by Zaino :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:

Mike
You really have to work at getting it off or it'll leave like an oily residue. Get that off, and then wax it. Mine was perfect after i used it. :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts