Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the title states, I am interested in some weathertech floor mats and wanted to know if anyone here has purchased them.

How is the fitment? Do they slide? What are some pro and cons?

Right now I have a decent set of rubber mats. They are a generic heavy set that are good, but dirt still gets underneath as it doesn't completely cover the entire floor. They are tan, so they match the lower half of my interior, but was thinking about going with a black set instead. My current ones do not have the holes to be able to use the two hooks on the driver side and I don't want those to break.

I think it's 136.91 with tax and shipping. I am okay with the price, but I would like to see what you guys think before buying.

Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have Weathertech floor liners in two of my vehicles (my winter ones), but not my G6. I'm really surprised they still make or offer them for the G6, but I guess once you have the patterns made you can knock them out on demand.

Pros: Coverage, I really like that they overlap the thresholds and up the sides a bit.
Anchoring, They've tried to duplicate or accommodate the factory anchoring methodology so they don't move.
Durability, They are made from a very durable material and should be unaffected by the elements.

Cons: Cost, Ouch.
Cleaning, Though they're offered in various colors, I've found they're susceptible to boot and shoe marks which are difficult to remove. Also, be careful what products you use to clean them as some products make them "sticky". For this reason I prefer the black ones if you have black or charcoal carpet. (I have experience with the gray and tan colors.)

As for the OEM mats, I found a set up genuine GM G6 accessory winter mats in a car at a Pull-N-Save yard and bagged them for my G6. They're a heavy rubber with deep grooves, but they don't cover the floor any better than the OEM carpet mats. GM's carpet mats have always disappointed me.

Mark

·
08 convertible
328 Posts
Weathertech told me they never made them for the coupe/convertible. Does anyone know if the sedan mats fit the coupe/convertible?

·
Registered
232 Posts
The GM mats I got at the wrecking yard were in a sedan and they're cut exactly the same as the carpet mats in my convertible. In checking a GM parts site, the part number for the carpet mat set for the sedan is the same as the convertible, though an additional number is shown for the sedan depending on option codes (assumed for the interior). That being said, the GM mats don't cover front-to-rear and edge-to-edge like the Weathertechs. I'd still be tempted to give them a try if Weathertech will let you return them if they don't fit to your satisfaction.

Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
So as the title states, I am interested in some weathertech floor mats and wanted to know if anyone here has purchased them.

How is the fitment? Do they slide? What are some pro and cons?

Right now I have a decent set of rubber mats. They are a generic heavy set that are good, but dirt still gets underneath as it doesn't completely cover the entire floor. They are tan, so they match the lower half of my interior, but was thinking about going with a black set instead. My current ones do not have the holes to be able to use the two hooks on the driver side and I don't want those to break.

I think it's 136.91 with tax and shipping. I am okay with the price, but I would like to see what you guys think before buying.

Thanks
I have the weather tech in my 09 g6 convertible and love them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts