Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
I recently joined the g6 community, purchasing a 2008 GT 2dr with 59k miles. I am no mechanic, but I can tell something is wrong with my car. Within weeks of purchasing this car I had to have my radiator replaced, and some crossover pipe- all was fine for a few days. Now my car has 64k miles and I am having this issue and the dealership cannot find an issue at all. I feel like my car jumps forward when decelerating, I can watch the RPM needle jump back up when downshifting and I can also feel it in my brake petal, as if I am sliding but that is just my thinking. Sometimes I feel unsafe when it does this, and it doesn't do it at any specific time like if the car was cold, or lower speeds..it just does it randomly. I do have a powertrain warranty until september, but my local dealership claims it is not the transmission. Can someone please point me in the correct direction? Once again, I am not car saavy...I just need my car fixed knowing this is not normal.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Which engine?
So that dealer found no popped codes. Did they test drive it & fail to replicate the complaint?
Is it a one time jerk or a sequence of jerks? (what a great name for a band: Sequence of Jerks)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which engine?
So that dealer found no popped codes. Did they test drive it & fail to replicate the complaint?
Is it a one time jerk or a sequence of jerks? (what a great name for a band: Sequence of Jerks)
3.5 no codes
yes they test drove it and they claim they werent able to replicate it
its a one time jerk- but does not happen ever time I decelerate.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
"I feel like my car jumps forward when (braking)."

"...and I can also feel it in my brake petal, as if I am sliding..."

random occurrence

Does it occur during normal braking (approaching a stop sign) or hard braking? Slick road conditions? Low thread tires? Any chance that traction control is enabling?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"I feel like my car jumps forward when (braking)."

"...and I can also feel it in my brake petal, as if I am sliding..."

random occurrence

Does it occur during normal braking (approaching a stop sign) or hard braking? Slick road conditions? Low thread tires? Any chance that traction control is enabling?
normal breaking....slick road conditions- no!...tires- no! As far as traction control/abs i don't hear it kick on or see any lights. I have off of work tomorrow, gonna take it to a different shop and have them drive with me. My brother and my best friend both have the same exact car without this issue. Nobody can figure it out...GM dealership thought it was transmission, but everything tested correctly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is a TSB with the wiring harness for the transmission on the G6's. One of the wires is ran through a metal clip. It can or will eventually ground out or start to causing hard shifts between gears. Have and had this issue with my G6. Had a new wiring harness put in (experiencing the problem you are) when they replaced it they did not re-route the wire, now it is happening again. Except this time it is accelerating and between gears. Is something I would have checked out. Cost me almost $200 to get it replaced through dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts