Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my g6 gt vert makes like a whistling noise when im accelerating, its pretty loud, almost like its sucking air but it does it steadly while i accelerate, dealer told me, oh its probly normal and that was that? it really doesnt seem like gm would make a car that "just makes noise" any one els here this noise?

·
Registered
48 Posts
A dealer here in town told me it was normal for my drop top jeep to have gallons of water to come in when it rained out...

Do you have another dealer in town that could offer a second opinion?

·
07 SILVER GT CONVERTIBLE
121 Posts
Had the same noise it was exhaust some baffle or such,GM replaced the muffler noise gne.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes there is another dealer i may have to try that. they just dont want to pay out of there pocket. i bought it at my husbands dealership he works at, well the trade came in at there nissan store, so for the first 6 months anywork that needs done is out of pocket to them and he thinks there trying to get out of fixing it. he is going to talk to them again today all they did last time is drive it around the block with a chevy tech and say, yep its normal.

·
07 SILVER GT CONVERTIBLE
121 Posts
At the Dealership where the exhaust work was done they were not to happy cause the under body support members on the vert had to be dropped to install the nnew parts but I have had no whisgtling noise since that was 2 years ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a "weird noise" problem too, I took it to the dealer and it turns out that after the first day I bought the car I parked in a parking lot and pulled up so my wheels were against the curb (my previous car was a trailblazer so I never had any problems) and when I backed out the curb ripped off the plastic guard underneath. Hope this helped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.