Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Eddie coming to you live from wintery Massachusetts! :) Man it's way to early for this. Did anyone see the Patriots game today? I live 10 minutes from the stadium and it's still snowing out there. Well I am a newbie that recently fell for an Electric Blue 06 G6! I guess my first question is that Electric Blue isn't the name of the color. Would anyone know the name of the color in my aviator and the code? Also if someone could point me in the direction of performance items and I'm thinking of doing a pinstripe or a stripe decal to break up the blue. Possibly in a flat black to match the lower rocker. I look foward to hearing from you folks and I am sure I'll have plenty more questions when me and my new love get to know each other.

G2G

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Electric blue is the color. The code is in your glovebox. Its U815K.

What kinda perf mods r u lookin for??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I figured they would of called it something other then electric. I did catch that code in my govebox but when I went to find it in DupliColors at my local auto store it was know where to be found. I even had the guy punch it in to the computer and it still came up short. Another local store wanted my Vin numbers and he would of made me up a batch??? For performance stuff I was looking into K&N cold air intakes but didn't care for dropping that much cash. I've been told to go with the plain air filter from K&N and that will give me somewhat of a notice??? Being new I didn't know if there was any tricks out there. Also do I throw on a Flowmaster to give it a bit of a UMPH?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I appreciate the warm welcome. This forum is kinda strange. It's hard to navigate through it. It doesn't read my user name outside of my own PC. Once I'm in I have to go through different channels to get to my latest post. LIke it only post todays and you have to figure out yesterday. Anyway, thanks again, looking foward to meeting new folks with the same love for the car and finding out things through others experiences.

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
As far as mods go. I have a Racing line Performance strut tower brace, also Crab intake. I like them both, just an idea.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback Icplmouw. I'm not quite sure what a racing line performance strut tower brace is but it sounds cool. I was reading a bit on this forum and I read that people seem to have issues with leaks with panoramic sunroofs. I'm wondering if I have one of those. Would you know what the differances are? I am looking fowward to getting my G6 on the road. It will sadden me to put my summer car away. Oh well being in Michigan you know how bad winters can be.

Best Regards,
G2G

·
Registered
346 Posts
The forums may seem confusing to you at first if your new to them... Just hang in there, and you'll get it eventually. :D

The strut tower brace is basically a suspension mod. I don't have a panoramic sunroof, however, if your sunroof appears to be "strange" compared to normal ones, then chances are you have one. If your asking whether or not you have one (and you do have a sunroof), chances are you don't have one. ;)

DEFINITELY get CRABS + the CAI for your car.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
They didnt put the Pano in Coupes so your safe! :D

But there are water leaking issues with the sunroofs & coupes. DOH!!!
Its an easy fix though but check you back seat floorboard after rains
to check it early...that or your seatbelt. :eek:

& HELZ YEAH CRABS FTW!!! WOOOT!!! :beer:

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Welcome!
Where about in Michigan are you?

·
Registered
346 Posts
They didnt put the Pano in Coupes so your safe! :D

But there are water leaking issues with the sunroofs & coupes. DOH!!!
Its an easy fix though but check you back seat floorboard after rains
to check it early...that or your seatbelt. :eek:

& HELZ YEAH CRABS FTW!!! WOOOT!!! :beer:
Didn't know that... but I drive a sedan. :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Droptop!

That's a sharp rig in your aviator. It's quite a mechaniscm they did for the verts. Does it ride a bit stiffer? White was one of my top 3 colors when I went looking. I had a black 300 and it was a b*$#%# to keep clean in the winters. I'm digging my electric blue though. Enjoy your day!

G2G

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
New Post!

Hey folks, here's one! My car is completely blue and I was thinking to add a flat black stripe to it. I wasn't looking for too much but maybe something on the rear quaters or lower door panel. Maybe on the idea of the Mopar broken line or a line that fades. Any ideas out there? I went to a pontiac site to see if there was any history of Pont's decals and pretty much The Judge stickers were the only thing to come up. If anyone has any ideas or pix of something I would be wide open for some suggestions. Have a good 2 go day!

Eddie

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Retro Judge stripe scheme would be cool - so what if it's the "wrong" model :D?

And the vert ride is pretty good - a little stiff and things do bounce a bit (behave!) with the top down. As for the color, I had orginally wanted to go with Red but the dealer was willing to give me a lot more for my trade in if I took a car of theirs off the lot (at this point Pontiac dealers were looking to clear inventory, not "trade", or at least that's what I was told), but I'm really happy with the white. My previous was a Blue Green Crystal Grand Prix and as with all dark colors it was a bear to keep clean, but man did it look good when it was :glasses3:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts