Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!
This will be my first post here, although I'm not a stranger to forums or forum etiquette. Or Pontiacs.

I'm Steve. 56 years old, and have been a Pontiac fan/owner since 1985.
I presently own a 1988 Fiero Formula with a GT fastback conversion and a 4.9 Cadillac Allante/Deville V8. Fun car. :)

I do telecommunications for the power company. I do nearly all my own mechanical work, as well as my own ECM/PCM programming and chip burning. (I don't do programming for other folks. Sorry. I barely have time to do my own stuff and I don't need that liability.)

I've recently started shopping for a G6, because I need something with better economy and fewer miles than the Trailblazer that is my DD now.
Of course, Pontiac is my first choice, although I'm a bit disappointed that I can't find a 4 door G6 with a manual tranny (if that even exists.) I really hate automatics.
Anyway, I mostly just have to figure out what to avoid in buying a used G6. I'm sure there's a wealth of info if I search for it (told you I know about forum etiquette :D ) although any "spontaneous tips" will be appreciated.
Peace.

Edit - Here's my toy...

Steve

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Nice toy...
yes they made manuals for the sedan but that was in 2005 (early 06 maybe..?).
It would be quite a thing to find one without a ton of miles or in good shape.

Manual coupes are easier to find.

My first Pontiac was a 67 that I picked up in 79.... and I still have it. lol

Welcome aboard and good luck with your hunt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it!
It's a 2010 G6 GT sedan. Silver with chrome clads. 3.5, leather. 41K on the odo.
I like!
Even better, my wife likes it. :D

Still gotta get some pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts