Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I on a 06 G6 (with a sun roof). I can't seem to find out why my driver side floor board is soaked. It's not bad but the water is there if u squish the floor mat. I checked the sunroof dranage and it isn't that. I'm baffled at this point and clueless as well. If it isn't my sun roof what could it be?

Attachments

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
Hello I on a 06 G6 (with a sun roof). I can't seem to find out why my driver side floor board is soaked. It's not bad but the water is there if u squish the floor mat. I checked the sunroof dranage and it isn't that. I'm baffled at this point and clueless as well. If it isn't my sun roof what could it be?
Usually this type of leak is due to a clogged drain in the air conditioner. The evaporator is approximately above the hump under the dash in a box with the heater core. There's a drain line for the condensate off the evaporator, usually on the passenger side of the hump, that can get clogged.

I've never had to un-clog one, so I can only speak second hand. But I've heard many times where folks carefully inserted a coat hanger wire (or similar) into the hose to dislodge the clog. If you can get the car's front end up on ramps (or on a lift) you should be able to access the drain line. IIRC, it should be near where the hump meets the firewall on the passenger side.

HTH.

Doug

·
Registered
146 Posts
Or you quit hanging your wet laundry on the rear view mirror!
Just kidding of course.
Start with the advice “plano” is suggesting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so this will happen to fill my driver side with eater? I've owned this car for 100k mils now with 177 on the dash now. This is my first ever leak and I love this car. I will tear up the floor board and see if I can find what's causing this. Thank you guys for the I'm formation and I will report back to let u guys know if this is it. I also should of mentioned this before hand but I also rain into a stopped up sewer and sunk half the car but I didn't notice if that's what caused this

·
Registered
27 Posts
The leak is coming from your sun roof drain. There is s drain tube on the drivers side and passenger side that drains water from the sunroof track down to the front of your door jam. You can see the drain exit hole when you open your door. It’s a black rubber grommet just above the hinges. Sunroofs are not water tight. They are designed to leak and direct the water out to drain.

The drain tube is likely pulled away from the drain spout on the drivers side of your sunroof. Your headliner is fiberglass so it won’t show signs of water leaking. The water will pool up and run down the inside of the center pillar (B pillar) and soak the carpet. Since the water stays behind the trim you won’t see any leak. Just have a soaked carpet.

This can happen on either side of the car.

Take the inside rubber trim off the sunroof and plastic trim off the front A pillar so you can pull the headliner down a bit.

Look at the front side of the sunroof track and you will see the drain lines. I almost guarantee the hose came unplugged from the drivers side drain on your car. The plastic drain hose shrinks from heat and age and can pull away and disconnect from the drain.

Simply plug the line back on the drain spout and put a zip tie around the connection to hold the hose snug on the spout.

This happened to me on my ‘07. But it was the passenger side.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts