Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2006 g6 coupe for about a month, we got some rain here the past few days and my seat belts were soaked. Along with water marks down the rear of the inside panels. I saw that there was a recall for this problem in 07 but my car obviously never made it in for that, anyone know how much this is to fix or how easy it would be to tackle this myself?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure how much or how to tackle it but I had that problem with my 08 coupe. After taking it back to the place I bought it from found out that it was related to the sunroof drain tube was dislodged. It was fixed in less than an hour by the dealer under warranty. Not sure of how to fix it by yourself but hope this helps a little with debugging the possible other reasons why it is happening. You might have a crack in the tubbing too but mine was just it popped out of where it should be causing to leak down the I beam and getting the passenger seatbelt and seat wet.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies you two. I made an apt at the dealership today. Looks like they might honor the recall and fix it free of charge because it never made it in originally... got my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thanks for the replies you two. I made an apt at the dealership today. Looks like they might honor the recall and fix it free of charge because it never made it in originally... got my fingers crossed.
Even if they don't it's a 10 minute do it yourselfer. I didn't have any clamps around to use so I got some super glue and just stuck the tubes back together. Been completely dry for months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts