Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
i found it to be perfect for me. best mix of everything i wanted for a good price ( used car, 1st g6 was 06 gt coupe for 15500, then a 06 gtp coupe for 13500 bit over a year later. )

sporty look. nice interior as well as exterior. decent performance. nice size, seats and trunk. great DD.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The outside looks of the car are sporty and sleek. The price for any 08 car seemed to be the best deal. I had 3 cars I was looking at buying the mazda 6, the pontiac g6, and the honda civic. The mazda 6 best deal for around 13k was an 06 or 07. The interior of these models are BORING and have nothing special at all, the only thing good about it was that the insurance for a 17 year old was cheaper then the other 2 by over $100 a month. The Honda Civic 06 was nice I really REALLY loved the interior and the dashboard for the speedometer was amazing with the big digital numbers. But there was something lacking in these cars that felt weird to me. OH YEA they were 4-bangers!!! Not much output from these guys, even though they got good gas mileage , I do like to have a nice start up. Not a 2 second delay until you can get up and go. Then I found the G6. The interior was nice, I loved the monsoon stereo as it had some bump. It drove smoothly and had the v6 GT '08 Sedan. The car was a nice color and a good price. I jumped on it :)

·
G6 owner
27 Posts
I was torn between a 2005 pontiac grand prix gtp or the 2007 pontiac g6 gt.. I know the GP had the supercharger but when comparing the miles and the price of the vehicles the G6 was the better choice.. plus i love the body style of the G6 and the 17 inch stock wheels.. nice nice...

·
;)
386 Posts
A really good car for the money. It was very affordable for me & the looks are what I like to work with. Def wouldnt down size to a 4cyl either. The only thing I would of held off for was trying to find it in a standard but thats hard to find around here i guess.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The outside looks of the car are sporty and sleek. The price for any 08 car seemed to be the best deal. I had 3 cars I was looking at buying the mazda 6, the pontiac g6, and the honda civic. The mazda 6 best deal for around 13k was an 06 or 07. The interior of these models are BORING and have nothing special at all, the only thing good about it was that the insurance for a 17 year old was cheaper then the other 2 by over $100 a month. The Honda Civic 06 was nice I really REALLY loved the interior and the dashboard for the speedometer was amazing with the big digital numbers. But there was something lacking in these cars that felt weird to me. OH YEA they were 4-bangers!!! Not much output from these guys, even though they got good gas mileage , I do like to have a nice start up. Not a 2 second delay until you can get up and go. Then I found the G6. The interior was nice, I loved the monsoon stereo as it had some bump. It drove smoothly and had the v6 GT '08 Sedan. The car was a nice color and a good price. I jumped on it :)
haha You wouldn't like driving mine then! I got a 4cyl on purpose. I have a V6 in my Ford Fusion and while it's nice to have the power, it's not essential for me. The G6 has one of the most peppy engines for a 4cyl sedan, in my opinion. Tried out a 4cyl Malibu and Impala, and it was like pulling a big sack of lead. The G6 isn't like that at all.

I can get about 30 mpg booking it down the road at 85. Love the gas mileage. But I don't think you sacrifice that much by getting a V6, maybe 3 or 4 mpg...which is kinda piddly when you think about it...but going with the 4cyl also knocked a somewhat sizable amount off the asking price...at least it did where I bought mine.

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
What made you consider the G6, and ultimately what made you decide to buy it? :cool:
My Jeep was stolen. From in front of my work. In a nice neighborhood. In broad daylight, at lunchtime, with dozens of people walking through the parking lot!

One of the rental cars I had while waiting for my claim to process was a 2009.5 G6. I wasn't wild about the interior but I liked the power and the electronics, for the most part. Plus, I got 32 MPG at 75-80 out of it, and it was a GT! I owned a 1988 Grand AM and had a lot of fun in that car, so the G6 was a logical car to buy. Besides, I didn't know what else I wanted outside a Cadillac CTS-V or XLR, neither of which were really in my budget. I also had G6's as rentals before and enjoyed driving them.

I ended up buying a 2009 former rental will low enough miles that it still has some warranty left (about 400 miles to go... :( ). I got enough out of the Jeep that I could buy the G6 for cash, so that sealed the deal.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Price, Looks and the engine, I did not want a 4 banger. Parents work for GM so I wanted to support it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Since I am in college and couldn't afford a new car on top of the 30k+ a year I pay for school, so my parents are helping me out. The only way I was getting a vehicle, was if I chose one of the 3 my father picked out and test drove already. Originally, the g6 seemed kinda like a chick car. But after driving it, I fell in love with it. The v6 is quick, the steering is nice, very quiet ride, good mileage, practical 4 door, and lastly the inability to notice I was going 90 on the highway because it was so smooth. I no longer believe it is a chick car....

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
The lease on my Cobalt was to end this fall.
Couldn't get around paying 30K for a new car that had some looks.
Call me nuts, but I still feel the patriotic call [even for a Canuk... :)]. The rest is about how it feels, how you feel in it. I can't get enough of the looks on the car. Soft and exotic outside. A killer inside (specially night time).
It just feels right and the price was just right so.... I bought the sunofagun !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To be truthful, I couldn't stand the G6 at first. In 2007 we had one as a rental car; it was a 2006 model...I didn't sit in the front seat, but I did sit in the backseat. I didn't like it- I thought it was like riding in an eggshell. However, I have always thought they were extremely attractive. But; overall, I had a negative opinion of them.

When it was time to get rid of my 01 Oldsmobile Alero, the G6 started sounding really practical. The only reason I re-examined it was because I thought they looked awesome. It's the right size for me, gets great gas mileage, and is cheaper than most other cars in it's class. So I test drove a couple. One was a Maroon 2008, V6. I liked it...but the lot also had a green one and I liked it better, plus it was about 2 to 3,000 bucks cheaper. I let my dad drive it so I could sit in the backseat- and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I didn't like it. There was more room in there than our Ford Fusion, which has a fantastic interior...and it wasn't like an "eggshell" at all. Makes no sense to me...could the year difference be why?

Anyway...now I love the G6, and have warmed up to Pontiac's in general again.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
No particular order:

1. <$15,000
2. <17,000 mi.
3. Gas mileage
4. Leather
5. General looks
6. American brand
7. Panoramic sunroof (though I regretted it later)

·
Jimmy B.
136 Posts
several reasons

What made me consider the G6? I think I saw some at carmax or autotrader and they caught my eye. I was looking for an American car, under 12K, with at least a V6. I looked good and hard at Fusions but after I saw a G6 in person at the carmax lot it just stuck in my head. The exterior caught my eye and i had to take a look inside. I fell in love with the sporty interior looks at first sight too. The ones they had a carmax were expensive though and several K above my budget (carmax is good, I suppose, but undoubtedly expensive).
I found the G6 I ended up with on Autotrader near by. I went to go look at it and test drive it and I was hooked on it. The car started up so smoothly that I had to sit for a second and listen to see if it actually had started. The cool red needles shifted from right to left and back and it all amazed me. The color (electric metallic blue) was probably the one thing that made me and my wife most hesitant about getting the car. However, I've come to love it since it's not a cookie-cutter car color but my wife is still iffy about it.
Anyway, it was under 12K and had a superior amount of features when compared to any other car in its price range: V6, upgraded sound system, sunroof, 17" wheels, CD player and upgraded sound system, remote start, and telescoping steering wheel. Along with this the GM CPO warranty and relatively low mileage on the car. The GM CPO woops the carmax warranty and the car was a lot cheaper than any of the G6s at carmax too.
Overall, the G6 GT was a perfect balance in price, power, looks, and features for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I really wanted a CTS with the 3.6 After looking at the G6 GTP/GXP it seemed I could get a lower mileage car with a more sporty/youthful interior in the G6 than the CTS. So I essentialy got a CTS with a nicer interior and lower miles for less money...so here I am. It had the drive train I wanted, the power, the leather, heated seats, power group and a nice radio. It also had better gas mileage than the Jeep I was driving.

'Mike

·
Registered
104 Posts
I gave up my Jaguar S-Type in my divorce....I had 2 days to pick a car. My uncle works for a GM dealership. So I didn't shop around went straight to him and said I need something cheap, good on gas mileage and I want my insurance to be low too. He showed me the pewter base model and I almost pucked in my mouth. Luckily my car was sitting next to it and I said, I'll take that one. Its grown on me.

·
Administrator
4,176 Posts
I had a company pick up truck that i used to and from work but after 4 years the milage was getting up there and it was time to get rid of it. The company I work for decided not to replace it with another pick up, so I decided since Ive already got a truck (Lifted full size Blazer) it would be better on gas milage for me to get a car. Since I'm a loyal GM fan I had a few options Malibu, Impala,G6 or maybe a Cobalt. I shopped around for a while and said to my self I really just need a small 4 door car to get from point A to point B. So it was betwwen G6 and Cobalt but the only way I was getting a cobalt was if it was an SS, but couldnt find a sedan. So i decided to get a G6. When I got it I figured I wouldnt do much to it maybe tint and lower it, But then I found this site and G6P...now Ive become a mod addict.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.