Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wana get more performace I have an intake and cant really find much else I have found chips but idk what a good 1 would be so if you guys could tell me some good things you have done to get more out of ur car that be great thanks

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
General consensus:

WAMS ECM/TCM Tune - $425 (15 HP)
GT-R Exhaust - $600 + shipping (5 HP)
CRABs Intake - $100 - 200 (3-5 HP)

All these are estimates. You will get more out of the exhaust and intake if you are tuned for them.

You can also get:
- Strut bar
- Motor Mount Inserts
- Ram Air
- Lowering springs
- Ultra-High Performance tires
- Sway bars

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
^^agreed

·
Registered
58 Posts
General consensus:

WAMS ECM/TCM Tune - $425 (15 HP)
GT-R Exhaust - $600 + shipping (5 HP)
CRABs Intake - $100 - 200 (3-5 HP)

All these are estimates. You will get more out of the exhaust and intake if you are tuned for them.

You can also get:
- Strut bar
- Motor Mount Inserts
- Ram Air
- Lowering springs
- Ultra-High Performance tires
- Sway bars
what is done when you get the WAMS EMC/TCM tune? and where can it be done? can i do it myself?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
I have the same engine as you. First thing i did was CRABs FPU(now sold out but email Lampoon to get on the waiting list). Also have Toyo performance tires which help more than you would think.

Ordering:
RacingLine STB
RacingLine MMIs
RacingLine Grounding Kit
Eibach Lowering Springs

Then over winter i will be custom making an exhaust.

Last thing should always be the tune, get the ECM tuned to every performance part you have so you get the most bang for your buck.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
The only thing to get it tuned for is intake, headers, and exhaust for V6's. You can have him tune for these even if you don't have them, you just won't experience the full benefit until you get those parts installed.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Last thing should always be the tune, get the ECM tuned to every performance part you have so you get the most bang for your buck...
Agreed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts