Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea what chevy vehicle these wheels came from? I needed tires for the g6 and for the price of cheap tires I got new tires and wheels too (CL deal). The guy said they were take-offs from a 2010 chevy Malibu and they have the OEM GM part numbers cast into the back sides of the wheels (which I didn't write down of course and they are at home now). If they "were" from a Malibu they should fit the g6 (bolt pattern 5x110) but the bolt pattern on the wheels is too small (5x100 or 5x4" I'm guessing). I emailed the guy and he swears they were off a 2010/2011 Malibu but I thought it was funny that they didn't have wheel weights installed yet so I had to have them balanced...

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had hoped that there was a part number cast onto the back of the wheels. What I found was:

GM
DHA No. 1
17x7.0J
XIS42

I wasn’t sure if the XIS42 was an I or a number 1 so I tried google searching both and didn’t really find anything. Anyone have insight?

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
After talking with a GM buddy he actually thinks there is a "chance" these could be scrap-intended mule wheels/tires that somehow made it into the back of someones pickup truck. That would explain why they had never been balanced or bolted onto a car (no lug seat scratches). Its not unheard of in these parts. They could actually be ~ 2012 year wheels. WTF am I going to do with these?

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found it ... now what do I do with them for a year or two until the car is released, LOL. I doubt the guy is going to answer his cell or email once I confront him. If I say anything to GM they will just take the wheels from me I'm sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.