Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what color the factory wires are for the Steering wheel controls in a 2006 G6 GT with monsoon without onstar?

I recently purchased a double din stereo BV9364B it says it has the ability to work with analog steering wheel controls. It is a three wire system with them labeled GND, KEY1 and KEY2. It is my guess that each button on the steering wheel completes a circuit at a different resistance. The head unit is then programmed to exicute different actions depending on the value it reads. In this case, key1 is probably the common input to all the buttons and key2 is the return or output from the buttons back to the stereo and ground is just for signal reference. Does anyone know what color or how to identify the wires coming from the factory steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are two wire that I was able to confirm connect to the Steering wheel controls. Both are about 20AWG. One is green and the other is blue. You can test them by attaching a volt meter to both wires and measure resistance. If I get time I will post the resistance of each button later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts