Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Pontiac G6. I was pulling into a parking spot yesterday which was on grass and poking up out of the grass was a random 6 inch metal post that was probably once connected to a street sign. The post scratched and cut part a small area in the rear right underneath my car and I have no idea what it did damage to. I was hoping if I described the area, someone on the forum could help me determine what was damaged before I bring it into a mechanic.

The best way I can describe the area is a large metal plate that spans the rear right of the undercarriage. Above this metal plate, which was slightly peeled back, are what appear to be at least two plastic black containers. I was unable to look into these black boxes but perhaps they contain electrical wires? There was no leaking and the car still drives but when one of the black boxes are slightly out of place, a puttering sound can be heard from the area possibly due to the vibration. No one seems to know what is located in this area of the car and with the mechanics being closed on Sundays and Labor Day, I won't be able to find out whats wrong until at least Tuesday. If anyone has any ideas of what is held in this rear right area of the undercarriage, it would put my worried mind at rest.

· Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
Take a lot of quality pictures and does your car still work fine?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to add the pictures but the sizes are too big so I will have to resize them to the appropriate sizes. The car works fine but I'm afraid if I drive too fast, these boxes will fall out of place and something will go wrong. I have a drive scheduled for this Friday from Philadelphia to New York so my hope is that at least temporarily, this metal guard can be placed back on and I can address any other issues later. Still, I won't know anything until Tuesday but I'll try again to resize these images shortly.

· MonsterG6
386 Posts
i see what your looking at on my car but idk what that plastic is around it...mine is all metal...i dont know what it is..

· Registered
44 Posts
kind of looks like the fuel tank

· MonsterG6
386 Posts
im no mechanic but i was pushing on the boxes on my car and they wiggle a bit but it wasnt hot or had a liquid in there...that i could hear. unfortunatly i dont know what to yo tell you..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.