·
Premium Member
636 Posts
^ Nice!

·
Registered
1 Posts
What have I done today?

:D I had to replace the starter on my Pontiac G6 which I did in the work parking lot! I am currently in the process of purchasing an after market radio for my 2005, seeing as my 6 CD changer locked up long before. I need an auxiliary, and thats what im going to get. After that I am going to change my tires and rims. Once I figure it all out im going to post pictures. I'm planning to add more horsepower. Im currently at 195,000 miles and it still runs strong!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does anyone know there the build year placard is? I spent $50 on Valeo wipers from Tire Rack which don't fit. I gave them the model year and the VIN, now they're asking for the build year. I know where the tire and paint placards are. I don't know of any others. Thanks.

·
4,052 Posts
Does anyone know there the build year placard is? I spent $50 on Valeo wipers from Tire Rack which don't fit. I gave them the model year and the VIN, now they're asking for the build year. I know where the tire and paint placards are. I don't know of any others. Thanks.
I don't but here is a thread about the wipers that fit our car. maybe it will help
http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2048

·
Registered
90 Posts
I called Valeo and they said they should fit so I'm SOL. It is possible that for some reason my 2008 has the 2007 wipers, but it's almost impossible to find photos of these things. On the bottom is the BOSCH wiper I took off and on the top is the $25 Valeo that is supposed to fit, but doesn't

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Decided to change up the exhaust a couple weeks ago. Cut off the Y at the back axle and removed the two 8" cherry bombs and 4" rolled stainless tips. Replaced them with a mandrel bent 2.5" 90 degree bend -> u bend -> cherry bomb vortex crossflow muffler -> two 90 bends out to two 4" stainless double walled slant tips. Sounds pretty good, especially when I open it up. Deep rumbly tone with much less high frequency than I had with the two cherry bomb glasspacks. The CB vortex is a crossflow and fit nicely in the location where the stock muffler used to be.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I'll try to get one. Last time, I tried with my phone and it sounded like shit. I need to dig around the house for a better camera.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Nice. Love my RL STB. I need to get some of those MMIs!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Finally got the CORRECT AC Delco thermostat installed. Don't ever install a Murray, Motorad, or Gates. All are junk. Now discovered the water pump is leaking. I just replaced the radiator on my van, I guess I'm just going to be doing vehicle maintenance till winter. I've been buying everything through Rock Auto. Saved $210 vs O'reillys on the radiator, thermostat, and other miscellaneous items.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Yep. Rock Auto's the shiz!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Today I replaced the ballast for one of my HID's. One kept turning off every time I hit a bump. I assumed it was the ballast or the bulb. My problem now is that the HID is green. I guess the next step would be to switch the left and right bulbs to see if it also looks green on the other side. If not, I won't really know what to do.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Yep, sounds like what I'd do.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Today I bypassed my AC with a shorter belt as it turns out the bearing in my pulley is shot.
I'll be replacing the clutch assembly soon enough

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
At least it happened during the winter ;-)

2821 - 2840 of 2861 Posts