Pontiac G6 Forum banner

2841 - 2860 of 2861 Posts

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Nice. I like the white lighting underneath.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Nice. This looks like a white street edition sedan I see in NoVA.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Today I tried fixing my HIDs. I have one that looks perfect and the other one is dim and green. I replaced the ballast on the dim side twice. I also tried switching the left and right bulbs and the problem remains on the same side. I also replaced the relay on the harness and tried changing the fuse from 10A to 20A. I would switch back to regular halogen bulbs, but then my headlight dimming with my sub will return. All of this sucks.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Bad balast?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bad balast?
I suppose it's possible but I've had the problem with 3 different ballasts on the one side. Tomorrow if I have time, I will replace both ballasts so that it's the same on both sides. I'm just worried that I will get a "fix it ticket" and I won't actually be able to get it fixed. Today I went to the only place in town who does this kind of thing. They told me to get LED's unless I want to order a $500 HID kit from Germany. They told me that HID's always have too many problems.

·
Perfessor
177 Posts
I suppose it's possible but I've had the problem with 3 different ballasts on the one side. Tomorrow if I have time, I will replace both ballasts so that it's the same on both sides. I'm just worried that I will get a "fix it ticket" and I won't actually be able to get it fixed. Today I went to the only place in town who does this kind of thing. They told me to get LED's unless I want to order a $500 HID kit from Germany. They told me that HID's always have too many problems.
Whoever told you that HID's 'always have problems' is full of it. I've had mine for a few years and, except for connection issues, I never had any problems. And $500!?!? BS! I got mine from DDM tuning for less than $50/pair (35W). Have you checked your wiring real good? Sometimes a bad crimp can actually break wire strands leaving fewer strands to carry the power load. If you have the time and the harness from each side is the same, swap out the harness from the good side to the bad side and see what happens. As for increasing the fuse from 10A to 20A, Don't!! Unless you are only testing and then removing the 20A immediately afterwards. You do not want an electrical fire.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good idea about switching the harness. I don't know much about LED's, but I was reading CrusinG6's posts from few years ago and he was not in favor. I did change the fuse back to 10A after reading more about it online. Thanks! I'll also have another look at the DDM tuning kits. I have moisture problems anyway and I don't want to keep this car for too much longer so I would never spend $500.

·
Registered
90 Posts
One other weird thing, I have an H1 harness and bulb instead of the H11 like everybody else. I have no clue why that is, but I had everything working perfectly for a year.

·
Perfessor
177 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Took my G6 from Michigan to Miami back in March. Went down and back without a problem. Just reminded me that I need to start making my g6 my own and personalize it.

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
I haven't been on this site in over 3 years. Sure has changed.

So, this didn't happen today but at the end of June. I'll make this as short as possible....

Clutch went out in my 2006 G6 GTP. Needed pressure plate and the other plate(clutch plate?). Could not find one ANYWHERE. GM said it was looking like a 1.5 to 2 month wait. A guy on Mars somehow had one but it would have taken too long to ship. I needed a car ASAP.

I now have a 2011 Mini Countryman S. Fun little car to drive. Even more fun then the G6 was. Loving the turbo and the sport tuned suspension. Thats the power of German engineering.

I still miss the G6. Loved that car. Wanted to keep it forever. Sounded good. Clean as hell. Strong motor. I probably wouldn't miss it so much if I hadn't gave it to a scrap yard for pennies. Tried offering it to local dealers, had a few people interested that never even came to look at it and my wife was too paranoid about craigslist and wouldn't let me post it there. That infuriated me. I will never forget that...but I digress.

Anyway, I hope no on is looking for a clutch for their G6 because I'm sure they still aren't available anywhere.

2841 - 2860 of 2861 Posts