Pontiac G6 Forum banner

2861 - 2869 of 2869 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's all Good

I've had the car since April 2015 had 92000 miles on it. Since then I've done front lower ball joints / control arms. Front and rear rotors and carbon fiber pads. Spark plugs with wires. All fld's. Four tires. New battery. Front and rear coil Springs front and rear Struts / Shocks with strut plates. Rear wheel bearings Replaced oil pressure sensor. Turned 100.000. Miles yesterday. It!s in tip top shape ready to go anywhere. Everything works as it should. I'm saving this car for my son he's ten years old. It will be his first car 🚗. I've read lots very good information on this forum and it's been very helpful
Thanks everyone. Just wanted say I'm very happy with the car and hope yours runs as well as mine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bit the bullet and changed the spark plugs on the old 3.5L. It wasn't as bad as it could have been. I moved the coil pack aside to gain access to plugs 1 - 3 - 5 on the firewall side. Plug number 1 was the only pain in the butt however once I repositioned myself and the extension, it went smooth. I went with OEM AC Delco 41-100 Iridium plugs and what a difference they made. These first 3 were cylinders 2 - 4 - 6. WTF?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Random collection of plugs?
I've had techs laze out and not replace one, and we catch it, but this is just wtf?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Random collection of plugs?
I've had techs laze out and not replace one, and we catch it, but this is just wtf?

Cylinders 1 - 3 - 5 - 6 were the same weird plugs. They were platinum plugs but they were the weird ones from the second pic. Cyl 2 was a random plug with a huge gap and cyl 4 was a double platinum that I put in because the previous owner blew it out of the head and put a helicoil in of less than good quality. I was getting Cyl 4 misfire codes so I replaced the plug... the helicoil came out with it so I had to redo that as well. Now it has the proper helicoil in there and the proper plugs.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The G6 convertible is my daily, so I decided to go ahead and throw on the Winter tires. We've had a few storms in Colorado, but its been warm. The next few months are usually cold, and the snow gets real late Feb-early Apr.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I admire you for using your 'vert daily and through the winter. You weather is probably somewhat close to mine which has been mild up to now, but I put my car away last November. It's currently guarding the snowblowers in the garage as the snow comes down. Good luck for your winter use. - Mark

garage640.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
I brushed the snow off and drove it to the train station (a whole mile and a half to the Northstar Commuter Rail station here in Minnesota). Tonight when I get home I'll get a better picture of the America Racing wheel it has on the drivers rear to see if they can help me figure out what model it is.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I took her to get new shoes and then off to the mechanic shop to fix the driver side rear window regulator. Picking her up tomorrow!

2861 - 2869 of 2869 Posts