Pontiac G6 Forum banner

2881 - 2893 of 2893 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Cleaned up the wiring underhood after chasing a gremlin last week that turns out wasn't related to wiring. Replaced all of the wiring conduit I could get to.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
installed upac-gm11 interface (fits nicely above AC controls and under radio) (adds 2 aux-inputs to non-aux-in Monsoon.) ran input and usb power to driver visor, so I can perma-mount a older android there for eye-level Nav/Music. (Samsung Note5 or S7 are almost the exact size of the flipdown mirror). Havent decided yet if it should be one of those androids or a dedicated XM receiver.
installed bluetooth receiver on other input, tucked that into dash end-cap. so regular phone can connect via that. (visor android will use it's hotspot)
Tomorrow is putting a USB power jack near cup holder that holds the phone. And modifying it to have a Qi pad.
Maybe installing a Echo Auto, if I can figure out a place that looks ok, then screwing the relay and power supplies down, then putting all the trim back.

end product will look stock, except a android instead of the visor mirror, the cupholder-phoneholder and tiny usb-bezel at cupholder. No dangly wires or things sticking up or stuff on stalks or velcroed to dash.
Now i just need a way to add 100hp to it. (spoiled by previois car being 1.5x the power and 2/3 the weight... but not a convertible)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Over the weekend, I replace my battery with an optima red top. FYI, for those people looking to get a new battery or upgrade. The OEM fit optima battery can hardly ever be found at local parts stores, so i had to go with the next larger one (720), it fits perfectly except that it's a little taller, so the battery cover wont snap back on. It's no big deal for me though, because it was broken previously by a mechanic that didn't know how to get it off, so it only had one snap left. I highly recommend the Optima red tops, they are about twice the price of other batteries, but you will probably never have to buy another one. They last forever, and I have never had one die on me yet!
There are some companies out there that make some really nice looking billet aluminium battery hold down clamps. Might want to check that out especially if you're trying to dress up the engine bay. Hell I put one on my 2009 Cobalt SS when I had it and the battery was in the trunk lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Today I am going to refurbish my headlights because they are really cloudy. I'm also putting a new stereo in with Bluetooth and hands free calling. I've only had the car for 2 days. The first day was just cleaning and putting floor mats in steering wheel cover and finding out what all needs to be fixed. It's going to be a long slow project but it should be pretty nice when I'm done. Just sucks trying to work on a car right now because the last week has been almost 100 degrees everyday. I'm getting to old for that :LOL:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going to try to get my convertible top to go up. Over the weekend, it got stuck in the down position and it wont go up. I removed the back seat, deck lid and such...so I'm hoping I can get the top latches to release...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I figured it out and am going to do a detail write up (with pictures) on how to put the top back up, if stuck in the down position.

·
Registered
13 Posts
here's a little coldair intake that i came up with myself it runs the same path of the stock system the pictures are a above view and the headlight is removed i will add a photo from under soon
DSCF0005.JPG
DSCF0008.JPG
DSCF0009.JPG

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yesterday I apply wax for mild scratches and today I finish cleaning the interior dash, :unsure: and looking for a simple modification.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Celebrating Independence Day Ohio style . Removed the front license plate as it is no longer required as of 07/01/2020 . Ah , freedom at last .

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Been a week, but I fixed the horribly welded front bumper from its prior accident repair, swapped the radiator & AC condenser, re-charged the AC, used a wire brush to get some rust off the roof, patched a rust hole in the roof with some SteelStik, primed the rust spots and then hit them with black paint to cover the primer. Next will be to repaint the roof flat black.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
I went on an 11or so hour round trip drive to pull an auto shift cable for my baby. Guess what?, they are discontinued new for the 3.9/auto combo.
Of course I took my car, I can pull the shifter back to select, but can't select anything moving the lever forward. When I stop, I get out an move the linkage by hand.
At least until Saturday when I put this in.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

2881 - 2893 of 2893 Posts