Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the battery on my 2009 GT. Since then, whenever I open the driver side door, I have a message "CHANGER PARKED". It goes off after about 7 seconds. I cannot find this message in the manual. Anyone know what it means?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I read somewhere that it has to do with you changing out your battery. Because the old battery was weak, it kept resetting ur radio. I read the solution was to cycle thru ur cd changer and play cds to reset it and then the message won't come up. Not sure if it'll work but worth a shot.
JT

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I recently replaced the battery on my 2009 GT. Since then, whenever I open the driver side door, I have a message "CHANGER PARKED". It goes off after about 7 seconds. I cannot find this message in the manual. Anyone know what it means?
It got left out of the owners manuals.

#PIC4509A: Radio Displays Changer Parked Message - keywords battery CD display int intermittent intermittently no owners park radio - (Dec 27, 2007)

Subject: Radio Displays "Changer Parked" Message

Models: 2004-2007 Chevrolet Malibu

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Classic

2005-2008 Pontiac G6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to update models and model years. Please discard PIC4509.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
A customer may comment that the radio will display a "Changer Parked" message intermittently at times, and there is NO explanation in the owner's manual for this message.

Recommendation/Instructions:
This message will display after the CD mechanism has initialized or when you manually park the CD mechanism. Initialization occurs normally upon a battery reconnect. The mechanism will unpark itself once you press the CD load button.

Note: After pressing the CD load button, you will NOT get a message that's it's unparked.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Recommendation/Instructions:
This message will display after the CD mechanism has initialized or when you manually park the CD mechanism. Initialization occurs normally upon a battery reconnect. The mechanism will unpark itself once you press the CD load button.

Note: After pressing the CD load button, you will NOT get a message that's it's unparked.

Well wasnt toooo far off. Thanks greenman.

JT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all so much - I truly appreciate the help. Answer worked like a charm! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts