Votes: 85 31.7%
  • 2006 G6 Convertible

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I voted per the badge on my car, "V6", but it's really, now, a "VT", lol.

Started with the V6 and just upgraded the steel wheels with the chrome clad aluminum GT wheels. Factory replica GT spoiler, painted to match, should be here in about a week.

·
Registered
423 Posts
RKH said:
and the poll had been up for 7 whole hours, too! :p
the way i see it, apparently the owners of '06 GTP's either have nothing better to do all day long than respond to polls or if they actually DO work, they have 'bankers hours'!!!!! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, I'm the first to report owning a 4 cyl.

I don't have it yet. Picking up on the 15th. It is a totally base model. $17,990 sticker, Granite Metallic. We plan to install 18" chrome aftermarket rims. Any recommendations on wheels would be appreciated.

It will be my wife's run around car. She drives a 2003 Yukon XL 3/4 ton boat hauler. We want to conserve the Yukon, so we got a G6 to rack up around town miles and keep the boat hauler nice for when we need it.

My son is 14 so it will be his in two years. The deal we got was obscene.

·
Registered
235 Posts
italian ice said:
The deal we got was obscene.
I don't think any of us that have had there G6's a while want to talk about great deals. I think they are FINALLY selling the cars for what they are worth, which is quite a bit less than what I paid for mine. :rolleyes:

By the way, Welcome! You'll find a lot of useful information here. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
but you guys got what you wanted, and are among the fist to have a G6 (not to mention work out the bugs for everyone else!).

i was in the same boat with my Saturn Ion Red Line. bought it in june '04 for GMS price knocking off like 800 off sticker, a month later people were walking out the door for around 15k (for reference, i paid over 20k, with employee pricing...).

so as to not hijack the poll, i voted for '06 i4, though we're picking it up soon, just waiting to see if they have bigger "last week of year" rebates, so we don't screw ourselves like what happened with the saturn!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am a dealers son so that has some perks heh. 16,800 for a 26k car thats a pretty good deal and I didn't have to pay for any of it since it was my birthday present. I voted for 2006 GTP

·
Registered
423 Posts
Coupe_GTP_ said:
I am a dealers son so that has some perks heh. 16,800 for a 26k car thats a pretty good deal and I didn't have to pay for any of it since it was my birthday present. I voted for 2006 GTP
hey, i'm looking at possibly trading for a G.P. GTP or GXP....is your mom or dad looking to 'ADOPT'??? MY birthday is in August.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Right and your the same age as my dad wow. He was pimping as a fetus i am impressed with him heh. anyhow yeah i was almost scared and not wanting to get my car any more dirty today since we had a big snow storm yesterday so i drove the old vibe.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Coupe_GTP_ said:
Right and your the same age as my dad wow. He was pimping as a fetus i am impressed with him heh. anyhow yeah i was almost scared and not wanting to get my car any more dirty today since we had a big snow storm yesterday so i drove the old vibe.
yep, good thing you had the "OLD VIBE" just layin' around.....sad thing is that if i had a second car 'layin around', it would probably be something like a '75 Pacer! what's even worse is that you probably don't even know what a Pacer IS!! ha ha

oh well, good for you.....glad the 'old man' is taking good care of his son. when my son was in High School, he refered to me as 'Pimp Daddy'....not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing, but i went along with it anyway...... :agree2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know there haven't been many responses recently, but I put 05 G6 V6...my fiancee's car. She bought it new from the showroom floor with less than 60 miles on it for about $20,000 out the door. She's had it a year now. It is base except for Pan. SR and 6-disc cd changer. Black exterior.

She has relatives that work for GM dealerships so she got a pretty good deal. That was before all the GM pricing crap started. She had 2 options..0% or 6.9% w/ rebates...we did the math and the 6.9% w/ rebates was a better route.

She pays extra every month so she'll have it paid off early with no penalties. Her payment is supposed to be $397, but she pays over $400 every month. Occasionally when we can, there is an extra payment towards the principal.

EDIT: That's with nothing down also.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts