Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Keep it factory baby!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now dont get me wrong, i LOVE my G6. I have 69k on mine but am curious to know you guys/gals problems. Myself? I have replaced rear brakes at 33k, raido replaced due to paint chipping, intermediate shaft 3 times and steering gear box once (at about 60k), soliniod valve replaced, front brakes 50k and one sway bar. No i do not hot rod my car, it gets babied and oil changed like clock work. Washed about every other week.

·
Jimmy B.
136 Posts
replaced...

When I purchased my 2006 G6 GT the CD player didn't work so I got it replaced...
The "EVAP Purge Solenoid" broke (a little vacuum tube that goes into the engine's intake manifold) and it was replaced...
the latches on the rear seats (which enable them to go up and fold down) were broken when I got the car as well... and that's all I can think of

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Front and rear brake pads at 53K, tires at 47K, and just the normal maintenance. I do have the steering clunk so I have to see if my extended warranty will cover that. I have about 58K miles on it now.

·
Keep it factory baby!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Front and rear brake pads at 53K, tires at 47K, and just the normal maintenance. I do have the steering clunk so I have to see if my extended warranty will cover that. I have about 58K miles on it now.
Your "clunk" is your intermediate shaft. It will fix the problem for a few months and then if it starts doing it again then it will be your gear box changed. Gearbox change is 600 bucks and shaft is 300. Unfortunatley mine was not under warranty.

·
his 07 vert/her 07 coupe
333 Posts
:confused:we have have 2 07 G6 GT'S one is a coupe the other is a convertible, let's see the coupe has had : control arm, intermediate shaft,waterpump & something is wrong with the a/c running hot then cold ,we changed the spark plugs to E3 & air filter to K&N and Castrol Edge motor oil
the convertible: front main seal leak, convertible top switch went bad, passenger side drive axel, new tires, convertible bushings, door base , in the shop right now getting TRANSMISSION &NEW TORQUE CONVERTER ( thank God that was covered) and the wing is lifting up on both side , I think I am going to have to go back to buying all FORD'S !!!! willing to sell the coupe anyone want to buy it ??? 34,000 mile on it brand new BF Goodrich tires

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Your "clunk" is your intermediate shaft. It will fix the problem for a few months and then if it starts doing it again then it will be your gear box changed. Gearbox change is 600 bucks and shaft is 300. Unfortunatley mine was not under warranty.
I don't know how good my extended warranty is yet, but it specifically says what it WON'T cover and I don't think it mentions anything about the intermediate shaft or the gear box, so I should be good. I just have to figure out a day to take it in to minimize the disruption.

·
his 07 vert/her 07 coupe
333 Posts
front main seal will leak under crank shaft pulley and the torque converter i was passing someone on the freeway i hit the gas when it down shifted ther was a clunk and the traction control light and check engine light came on

·
Keep it factory baby!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know how good my extended warranty is yet, but it specifically says what it WON'T cover and I don't think it mentions anything about the intermediate shaft or the gear box, so I should be good. I just have to figure out a day to take it in to minimize the disruption.
Your extended warranty should cover it, i failed to get one of those:(

·
Registered
499 Posts
replaced the following:

steering rack
intermediate shaft twice
front rotors
passenger sun-visor
driver's seatback release
dome light
radio
rear speaker
both head gaskets
front shocks
wiper arms
door handle

·
Registered
64 Posts
@30k when purchased.
-ISS replaced with the new one.
-4 new tires.
-Brakes/Rotors
-07 head unit, cd mech was dead, bought an 08, cd mech died again :|
-Coolant Res
-Coolant Cap

@35k
-Brakes/Rotors
-2 Front Struts

@38k As of now, I need to do the following.
-2 rear struts/shocks
-Pump/Radiator(leaking coolant somewhere)
-Possibly need bushings(I hear a rattle going over sequential bumps).

·
Banned
3 Posts
recommend all the car owners find one professional diagnostic tool yourself,then you meet problems you can find where's the problem,then you can decide what to do next...

buy one in ebay,or just a eshop,recommend you eobd2.com..

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
waterfowler76

I noticed on your list of mods that you have Eibach lowering springs. Are they the ones that lower it 1.5 in the front and 1.7 in the rear? Those were the only ones I could find. Did you have to replace the stock struts and get a camber kit? What was the final lowered height?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I replaced my car... Does this count?

·
Administrator
4,176 Posts
waterfowler76

I noticed on your list of mods that you have Eibach lowering springs. Are they the ones that lower it 1.5 in the front and 1.7 in the rear? Those were the only ones I could find. Did you have to replace the stock struts and get a camber kit? What was the final lowered height?
yeah those are the ones. Those are the only ones Eibach makes for our car. I havnt changed the struts, but I did change my rear shocks, but not because of the kit it was because the dealer told me they were squeaking, but come to find out after I changed them it was some stupid clip that hold the Parking brake line..... Didnt get the Camber kit either, just been rotating my tires with every oil change and they are weraring evenly... I gotta tell you their definitly one of my favorite mods. Love them.

Not sure the final height, but if you find my thread in the "members ride" section I have pictures.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
Bought the car used with 25K on it.

Within two months, the battery failed and the power steering supply hose started leaking. In October the thermostat failed (stuck open). I just had the driver's seat track replaced (squeaky). All work was done under warranty.

Last April I had to replace a rim due to hitting part of a tree branch at high speed. It also ripped out that tire's sidewall, and because a replacement was no longer available I had to replace the whole set.

~ MattInSoCal

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.