Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So i'm thinking of getting HIDs but i'm kinda on the fence about what color I wanna get. I like the look of 8K but 6K with the tint of blue looks nice also.

Help a guy out!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Personally, I think straight blue is horrible looking and should only apply to blue cars at show rooms. The iceberg white (aka 6000k) is perfect for blue hued cars, black cars, and maybe white cars. It looks mismatched for any other color. 5000k-5500k is perfect for any car since it is a pure white.

Lights should complement a car just like rims do. Don't over do it.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking, 6000k is probably what I will go for I just wanted to get some people's opinions

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts
Hello G6ers its been a long time since I've been on here. My G6 is finally at where I want it but a few things. One of those things happen to be HIDs. I need help as well. I have a IVORY WHITE with blacked out windows and chrome here and there but not to much.

I was thinking for the fog lights to be the 3000K (deep gold) and for the head lights to be 6000K (crystal white) or the 8000K (light blue). I run my corner lights and fogs all the time so I was thinking since my corner lights are orange might as well make the fogs orange (deep gold). But maybe I should make it all one color. HELP! Also everyone check out this link and let me know if you think its legit. http://www.hidcountry.com/Products/universalxenonhidconversionkit.php

I know the head lights should be a 55w and the fogs should be 35w. But Im confused on what relay, warning canceller, and ballast I need. SOMEONE HELP! Its great apperciated bc I want to order SOON!

Also, if you have a better link of where I can get these post it. Thanks again guys!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
6000k will be a white light with a hint of blue. Think of a iceberg blue.

Go with the DDM Tuning 5000k 35w for the lows, 55w 5000k for the highs.

I never use my fogs so I don't know what to tell you, but I like to keep my lights uniform so I would recommend the 5000k 35w for the fogs.

I think yellow light is ugly. Thats why I'm glad our turn signals are amber.

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts
Well, I'm definitely going to go with DDM Tuning. http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

Do I need a HID harness or error eliminator? I think I'm going to go ahead and go with the 35w 5000k or 6000k fogs and I can't decide if I want to go with 55w or 35w 5000k or 6000k for headlights. Reason being is because I like when things match.

Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures? I want to order soon so let me know what you all think. I just want them really bright and for my HIGHs I could care a less if that changes. Lastly, I'll need to purchase 2 sets of HIDs for my fogs and headlights correct? Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i guess I am going to be getting 6000K.......

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
Well, I'm definitely going to go with DDM Tuning. http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

Do I need a HID harness or error eliminator? I think I'm going to go ahead and go with the 35w 5000k or 6000k fogs and I can't decide if I want to go with 55w or 35w 5000k or 6000k for headlights. Reason being is because I like when things match.

Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures? I want to order soon so let me know what you all think. I just want them really bright and for my HIGHs I could care a less if that changes. Lastly, I'll need to purchase 2 sets of HIDs for my fogs and headlights correct? Thanks again!
No you dont need the Harness or error eliminator. But I bought the 10k

Attachments

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
I like a clean white light. I think the higher 10k blue would make things harder to see at night.
Also something I read from a HID company
"10000K Xenon HID lights produce white-blue light with a touch of purple hue to it. 10000K is probably as high as you want to go for a street car, both to stay legal and to have any kind of visibility on the road. At these high color temperatures light output is significantly reduced, especially during rain or fog. Higher color temperature lights appear brighter when looking directly at them, but they how lower light output as far as the drivers visibility goes. 10000K Xenon lights have approximately 2300 lumens of light."

"6000K Xenon HID bulbs give off a very attractive white light with a touch of blue/purple hue to it. This is my favorite color temperature as far as Xenon headlights go. They have just the right combination of blue/purple hue, which attracts attention, but go overboard where they become annoying to oncoming traffic. I use this in my headlights and would never go back to stock Xenon bulbs, these look very nice. 6000K Xenon HID lights produce approximately 2900 lumens, much higher than regular halogen bulbs."

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for that maykevin, i was still on the fence about mine but i think i'll be ordering mine today at 6000K

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Not only does the blue lights output less light in accordance to lumens, it also affects how we see light. It is easier for the human eye to focus on yellow and white light in comparison to blue light. I think that's why cars have a standard 3500k-4200k spectrum for halogen bulbs.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts

Thats a pretty good price for those HID's

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm getting mine from here -> Clicky

59.99 free shipping

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ummmmmm was thinking about it should i get the same color??

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i'll prolly end up getting both low and fog. I might wait for HIDs cause i wanna get the strut bar and MMIs....hmm Decisions...Decisions

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm getting mine from here -> Clicky

59.99 free shipping
That's a nice looking product/site.

HID are something I never considered doing with previous cars, but I need to do something with this new G6 I just got... Was cheaper than I thought too.

How difficult is installation on these ? I've changed headlight bulbs in a few cars..but never anything like an HID kit;)

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the spyder projectors that im only putting on next summer cause i want them to stay away from the salt and cold. Im gonna keep the stockers for winter but ill be putting HIDs in next summer. If you do a search im sure you can find a thread on how to do it its not hard and they do come with instructions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts