Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
525 Posts
Wait..you know I probably figured out my awesome gas mileage.. I use the remote start every single day (multiple times) and the car usually sits and warms up for ~15mins if not longer.

· Registered
525 Posts
Stabbin_G6 said:
Ok, but that is not a continuous run. After the first 10 minutes is up it shuts off, then you start it again. Am I reading this right?

Honestly, when it is cold out you only need to let your car warm up for 1 minute. Then it is safe to drive, but just go easy on it until the engine and tranny warms up. Anything over 1 minute is overkill IMO and can do more damage than not if left sitting idle for say 10 minutes or so.
Yeah, well you come climb your happy ass in a car that warmed up for one minute is sub zero temps and tell me how comfy you are ;)

Its still cold after the first full cycle.

· Registered
525 Posts
I owned a 400+hp modified lt1... gas mileage means nothing.. ;)

Im running 87 octane...no point in higher since the pcm isnt going to utilize it anyways..and no special treatment here... its just a g6.. i grab gas at the nearest station when Im low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.