Pontiac G6 Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
We get somewhere between 26 and 28 mpg with most of the miles being short trips. The best we ever made on any trips of length (150 miles) has been 28 and thats with the 4 banger :( We have about 3700 miles on it, wonder if it is all downhill after this. Wish I drove downhill alot

· Registered
50 Posts
I was going through fuel slips today for the G6 for the 6 months that I had it, and with approx 50/50 split between city and highway and varied anywhere between agressive (read: floored or on the brakes) to light (read: touring grandparents) I was averaging 29 MPG (8.1L/100KM) overall. On the highway (115 km/hr, cruise control) I have had 35 MPG (6.7L/100KM) regularly on extended trips. In pure city, it's been as low as 24 MPG (9.8L/100KM). That's for the 2.4L G6. Tire pressures at 31psi all around.

For comparison, my HHR with the same engine and 50 LBS less overall weight gets me 21 MPG in the city and 28 on the highway at best! The G6 4-cyl is pretty amazing on gas, not sure why some of you are getting wacky numbers with it.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.