Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Heavy Modder
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My INJEN says it can be changed into Short Ram, but i have nooooo idea what that is or how to do it or even if it would be better...lol (im a car idiot)

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Saying it has to go to the quarter to be a CAI isnt entirely true.

In the definition of CAI, it includes heat shields. The 2 foot of added quarter panel access pipe that heats up in the engine bay doesnt help. Also injen's pipes are 2.7"
instead of 3" (like your throttle body intake) so you are restricting your air from
the get go.

A Short Ram is a coupler and a very short pipe to mount your filter to the mass airflow
sensor but without a heat shield you would be sucking in allot of hot air.

I dont recommend them.

·
Heavy Modder
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks guys, i think i might leave it out of the fender, more for looks than anything. INJEN does claim that either way ill gain 9 HP and almost 10 TQ...combine that with my plugs and hot wires im pushing 250 (i run premium gas) once i change my exhaust and a power programmer...vroom vroom

·
Registered
916 Posts
Does the dash hawk measure intake temp?
The other day after a long drive i came home and opened the hood to look at my coolant and i always touch the front intake pipe wish feels pretty warm and im used to that but i touched the part coming from the fender well and it was cold. Like really cold. I was in shock. It seemed like after the MAF then it was warm. And i Know about the CAI are supposed to be cool air LOL. But it was like a fridge.

I didnt know it was a smaller tube:doh:
I actaully got the injen used of ebay for a steal long ago And it had no "Ram"
option. Other wise i would have gotten

CRABS:agree:

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
The Dashhawk can monitor your AIT (air intake temp).

Its actually kinda cool to watch it heat up as your sitting still then cool down as you get going.

And you were right in staying away from Crabs cause they itch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts